Honda Marmony Lawn mower won't run

Old 09-21-03, 06:40 PM
steve340
Visiting Guest
Honda Harmony Lawn mower won't run

I have a Honda Harmony lawnmower that had a problem where it would not run unless the choke was full on. I used it this way for a year and then decided last year to replace the carb. I ordered a new carb and installed it and it ran like a new lawnmower. Then today, after 10 months of use, it is back to doing the exact same thing. What is going on here? Should I order another carb? I took the new carb apart and cleaned the jet and fuel bowl and blew it out but it makes no difference. It is running just like the old carb did before I replaced it. The lawnmower has a new spark plug and air filter and runs fine with the choke on. Replacing carbs every year is going to be expensive. If I have to do this, I will through the lawmower away. Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-03, 10:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello steve340!

You have a blockage in the carb. I don't know how you cleaned it, but you may need to disassemble it and clean it with automotive spray carb cleaner. (wear safety goggles when using the spray! It hurts the eyes pretty bad!). If that doesn't do it, then I would suggest soaking it in chemdip carb cleaner. Do not soak any plastic or rubber parts in the chemdip though.

Before doing this, verify that the carb is getting proper supply of fuel from the tank, and through the fuel filter.

Old 09-22-03, 07:15 PM
Hay cheese good thing you said that. I wanted to tell you that I put chemdip in my plastic measuring glass. And all of the sudden it turned everything white, and started a chemical reaction to the plastic, and it broke my measuring glass. I had to go out and buy a new one. OOPS LOL

Old 09-22-03, 07:41 PM
steve340
Visiting Guest
I don't even see a fuel filter from the tank to the carb. Maybe I should add one? I can cut the fuel line and install a small inline filter. Maybe that will stop the carb from getting dirt in it.

Old 09-22-03, 11:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That should help. Let us know how it goes!