Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

poulan trimmer

09-25-03, 08:13 PM   #1  
poulan trimmer

Today at trade school I took a brake from diesel tractors and worked on a nice simple trimmer, or so I thought. I cleaned the carburetor but I noticed that there was no throttle to it so I looked closer and I noticed that it looks as though the throttle cable might have streched over time cause when I squeeze the throttle the cable moves a little but doesn't pull enough to remove the slack in the cable so what I am getting at is that is there a way to tighten this throttle cable? I don't see any adjustment on it. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

P.S. Today I was mowing on the side of the street I live on(it's a small dead-end road) and a passing neighbor had slowed down, backed up and came to meet me and said that I broke his window on his brand new Yukon. I was mowing with the side discharge shooting away from the road as usual. The road isn't very wide so he had passed about 8 feet from me. For the rock to have hit his windshield it would have had to fly out the side of the deck opposite of the discharge and go up at about a 45 degree angle since it hit the window about 5 feet off the ground. Could this happen? I wasn't mowing in gravle. The reason I ask is because my next-door neighbor was using his string trimmer about 75-100 feet away from me and the dirrection the grass was flying from his trimmer was dirrectly towards the road, then once the guy had stopped to talk to me about his window the next-door neighbor had mysteriously grabbed his trimmer and his dog and went behind his house. Could a rock come out the deck as I mentioned? My parents are going to pay for the window which will probably cost around $200 or more since it was the driver side window. HELP!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

SC

09-25-03, 08:46 PM   #2  
Anything is possible. It does not take much of a rock to break a window.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-25-03, 09:26 PM   #3  
Hello mower17!

Strange story. I wouldn't think it could happen like that, but then again...who knows?? Try disconecting the throttle cable and see if it moves freely. If not, replace it. If it does, look at the end where the cable housing is screwed to the engine housing. Most poulan/weedeater products have a slotted hole in the end where it is screwed on for adjustment.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread