Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

8hp Tecumseh carb ?

12-06-08, 03:40 PM   #41  
John Deere 832 Snowblower with Tecumseh 8HP engine.

I have a John Deere 832 Snowblower w/ a Tecumseh 8 H.P. Snow King engine. It is Model #H80. It has a Walbro carburetor. According to my Chilton repair manual, the carb is #631635. I disassembled the carb and soaked it in "Gunk" carb cleaner. After reassembly and installation of the carb, the snowblower started and ran fine...accept for one big problem -- gas would pour out of the atmospheric vent. My manual says that if the gasket for the fuel bowl does not seal properly, it will interfere with the atmospheric pressure. I used a new gasket and the bowl did not leak. I used compressed air after soaking the carb in the cleaner which soaked for one hour. I'm wondering if I blew out some kind of plug. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- Hoot

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-06-08, 11:48 PM   #42  
The needle and seat need to be replaced. It is leaking, causing the bowl to overfill.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

12-08-08, 09:44 AM   #43  
8 H.P. Tecumseh

Thanks for the information. I had wondered if that was possibly the problem, but it's great to have another opinion on this. I really appreciate the help...Have a great holiday!!
-- Hoot

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-09-08, 11:20 PM   #44  
You too! (merry Christmas)

Let us know if you run into trouble with the repair.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

12-20-08, 05:50 PM   #45  
[QUOTE=cheese;1477552]The needle and seat need to be replaced. It is leaking, causing the bowl to overfill.[/QUO
Hi all sorry if I am hi jacking the thread I am new to the forum and I am still not sure where to post my quesions but I have a similar problem with the bowl over filling and I noticed that the niddle and seat are missing which of course is why it over filling but I have also notice that when I push the primer button with the bowl full I get a spray of gas coming from a small hole in the housing of the carb right below the inlet for the prime hose.

the question is this suppose to have a hole there or nut or do I have aq bad housing

Search this Thread