Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New Find!

10-11-03, 07:01 PM   #1  
New Find!

I have been around ebay for quite a while now and I notice that lawn tractor seats and covers seem to be hot these days. Because of recent events, I feel the need to let people know that you must know your dimensions before you buy one! I won a bid on a lawn AKA garden tractor seat. It was a high back seat, and I did not like the old seat it was too short. Got rid of it than thats when I found out the problem. The seat I had won on ebay did not come with a seat plate, and the seat plate that came with the old seat was smaller than my new seat! I think you see my problem!

I had to do a little monster garage on it to get the high back seat to attach to the smaller seat plate. The lesson is when you want to buy a new seat because your old one is torn like mine and you are tired of how short it is, make sure you measure the dimensions before you buy the item otherwise you could be setting yourself up for dissapointment! Fortunetly after my monster garage work on it, I was able to adapt mine onto the small seat plate. Now I don't have holes in seat, butt does not hurt, it is a smoother ride, and its great looking black vynle! If anyone is interested in getting a expensive seat cheap on ebay for a cheap price than go to the link below.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&since=-1&rd=1

Sponsored Links

10-15-03, 06:31 PM   #2  
After mowing some lawns lately, this seat has made the job so much more enjoyable. I have a lawn care service, therefore I must have a cushie ride cause some people have really rough terrain! I have drove over pot holes, bumps, and up and down terrain. I must say that old seat I had that was a standard small torn up hardly any cushin seat made me feel like I was riding a bicycle! Now with my brand new seat, It is acting like shock absorbers! Not to mention that the seat puts me higher up than the old one! I mow about 15 to 20 hours a week, so you can see why it is important for me to have a comfertable seat!

Search this Thread