Bolens weedeater drive flex shaft

Old 11-09-03, 06:41 AM
Question Bolens weedeater drive flex shaft

I have a Bolens BL150 string trimmer that runs perfecty. Unfortunately the flex drive cable has broken. I inspected the tube and all is fine just a snapped drive flex cable.

I can not seem to locate this part anywhere and hate to junk such a good running machine. Anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-03, 05:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello mowfixer!

Have you checked with lowes? They carry the bolens line.

Old 11-09-03, 06:13 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I would think that any MTD dealer could get that shaft. Try www.mtdproducts.com which I did but they want the serial number as well as the model number. What you have is a Ryobi weedeater and any shop could produce a shaft for that weedeater in about five minutes.....Mike

Old 11-10-03, 05:05 AM
Unhappy BL150 Drive Flex Cable

I called several parts places and tried the MTD and Troybilt sites but the model/SN do not show up. The parts houses say Bolens had changed hands two times and all the repair parts are gone.

Unfortunately the original cable is gone as it was removed by a local shop and they said they could not locate one and threw it away. As a result I can not match it to another cable.

It is a BL 150 S/N 30101134763 item number 418D150G163. Guess I may just have to give it to the dumpster.

If anyone has any additional ideas please let me know. It was the best running trimmer I ever had and sure hate to throw it away with such a great running motor.

Old 11-11-03, 03:11 AM
I finally found it. Thanks for the advice. MTD has an 800 line for parts location. I was able to order the shaft after finally getting the part number. Seems like a lot of work to go through on a trimmer that is still being sold at Lowes. I would understand if it were old and out of production.

No wonder our landfills are loaded with dead lawn equipment.

Old 11-11-03, 08:39 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
It's a matter of finding the right places and people. I called Murray last week for an old edger manual for a project Mike and I are working on.

The woman said, "I don't think I will have a manual from 1981, sir".

I said, "Sure you do. You had it for my 1965 snowblower. It will be in the 1981 Sears folder you had for them. LOL".

Initially, Murray told me no, but I was persistent and got what I wanted.

(BTW Mike: I got the chain saw owner's manual and parts list from Poulan at N/C )

Some folks just don't know even at the company they work for! .

Last edited by twelvepole; 01-05-04 at 04:09 AM.
Old 11-11-03, 11:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you found it! I was going to mention that you could check the small engine shop junk piles. There are many trimmers that just get thrown away at the shops because they aren't very economical to work on.

Search this Thread