10000 Generac Generator

Old 11-16-03, 01:37 PM
ford girl
Visiting Guest
Angry 10000 Generac Generator

HELP I CANT SEEM TO GET IT RUNNING AGAIN . I CHANGED THE COIL ON ONE OF THE SPARK PLUGS THAT SEEMED SIMPLE ENOUGH. IT WILL START BUT FLOODS OR SO ITS SEEMS GAS OR SOME FORM COMES OUT OF THE MUFFLER WHEN IT STALLS. I TOOK THE CARBORATOR OFF AND CLEANED IT OUT (DUST SAND ETC) BUT SAME PROBLEM. I WOULD TAKE IT TO GET FIXED OR PAY BUT IT SEEMS NO ONE WANTS TO WORK AND I NEED IT FOR BACK UP TO MY SOLAR AND WIND POWER I CANT WAIT A MONTH TO GET IT FIXED OR LOOKED AT.

Old 11-16-03, 08:32 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hello ford girl!

What make, model, and HP engine do you have? Sounds like you probably need a new float and/or needle.

Old 11-16-03, 09:40 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would agree. It sounds like the carb is letting too much fuel go into the cylinder. You probably do need a new float and needle. Let us know what kind of engine you have so we may help you better. Engine brand will be located on the engine. The model number should be located on the shroud AKA blower cover. The number in most cases is located near the sparkplug otherwise located somewhere else

Old 11-19-03, 11:23 AM
ford girl
Visiting Guest
Wink thank you!!!!

thank you guys, its a model 350445 type 116-E1 4011 code 98031811 generac 93571. i cleaned out the carb and i took out i think what you are calling the pin the little pointed cylinder that held up the pontoon looking blk things on the arm. i think that the spark plug still is not fireing even after replaceing it and the coil it seemed very simple but then again we girls think everything is easy until we try it ourselves. im going back up the mountain today at 1pm california time and my cell phone cant pick up links so i have to wait until the morning to read linked emails. i did look at the pin but im sure its just better to take it down and buy a new one and a rocker.

Old 11-19-03, 10:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
What brand, model, and horsepower is the engine?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: