Another Tecumseh carb ?

Old 11-19-03, 02:39 AM
Another Tecumseh carb ?

I'm working on my S-200 Toro Snowblower.

Does anybody know if the Check valve(631201) is in the carb kit(631893). I don't think so unless they changed the design of it.

In the package I see some red looking part maybe 1" or less long, maybe squarish...hard to see in the package and the shop will not open it.

Thanks

Larry

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-03, 04:44 AM
buttlint
Visiting Guest
Toyotaman,

I dont have the kit in my hand, but the red squarish thing is probley a fuel pump that they use on outboards. (other apps?)

630932 and 630978, needle and seat and diaphram are usually all you need on those. The check valve you are talking about, ( the one that goes under the fuel inlet fitting?) I dont believe comes in any Tecumseh kits.

You can test that valve by using a short length of line and blowing and sucking on it. When you suck, you should note an abrupt stop of air flow. The flow wont stop completely or for long, but you can hear it. If its not bad, dont bother replacing it. Unless the crud is really bad or someone poked a hole in it, there is really no need to replace it. (its a PIA)

'lint.

Old 11-19-03, 05:13 AM
buttlint

Thanks for the reply

It is definitely NG there is a hole in it. I removed the old one with a sheet metal screw. I ordered a one and waiting to get it.

Btw is it's purpose only for the priming operation?

Thanks again

Larry

Old 11-19-03, 03:43 PM
buttlint
Visiting Guest
Larry,

Tecumseh says the only purpose of the valve is to not allow fuel to flow back up into the fuel line and tank when you prime it. Any other purpose? Not that I know of.

BTW>Good job getting the old one out. 'lint.

Old 11-19-03, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the reply

Thats what I thought it was for

Larry