Weed Eater XT 200 Featherlight Plus

Old 11-19-03, 12:25 PM
Weed Eater XT 200 Featherlight Plus

I can't pull the cord to start this machine. It's stuck somehow. Any ideas appreciated. Anyone know if there is a repair manual for this machine?

Thanks,

Sherm

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-03, 02:29 PM
Ok. There are a several things that can cause this to happen. Most likely causes are. You have to much grass in the blade area and the blade is stuck against the grass. The other cause is either the blade is bent or the crankshaft is bent causing the blade to hit against the blade housing causing it to not move. The other two cause that are not as likely that I can think of is, you have to much compression making it harder to pull start, or the rope is binded and or spring is busted, causing the rope to not be able to be pulled. Check the first two up at the top before doing anything else.

PS: I almost forgot. There is one more cause of this to happen. If the cylinder is flooded with gas, you won't be able to pull the rope. If this is the cause, remove the sparkplug, and pull the rope. That will spray the gas out. Leave compression testing as your last resort and the rope and spring. Do all the other first. Let us know how everything went. Cheese will be replying at the end of the day.

Old 11-19-03, 03:37 PM
needles
Visiting Guest
Could be siezed,or the rope you pull is stuck,take off the cover to show the rope you pull,check that out.

Old 11-19-03, 06:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Sherm!

Common problem on these weedeaters... The trimmer head siezes. The engine is not clutched...it is direct drive, so when the trimmer head siezes, it keeps the engine from turning. You can remove the shaft and try to oil it and get it free again, or replace it.

If the trimmer head is not siezed, then the engine probably is.

Old 11-19-03, 08:38 PM
Thought this was a mower till i saw recent posts oops. Well some of what I said applies to a weed trimmer to so. Not a complete loss. LOL

Old 05-08-09, 04:24 PM
gas lines

how do i replace the longest gas line into the gas tank of the weedeater featherlite plus gas trimmer? What tools do i need?

Old 05-08-09, 09:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just fingers . Cut the line at an angle to help feed it into the tank, and just keep pushing and feeding it through until you can get the end coming out of the tank inlet. Put the filter on, and then put the line back in the tank. There should be enough line for the filter to fall down into gas in almost any used position of the engine.