hedge trimmer problem

Old 11-22-03, 08:11 PM
Tuco_Ramirez
Visiting Guest
hedge trimmer problem

I have a Maruyama hedge trimmer it does not want to start and when it does it the only way to keep it working is at full throttle then when i release the trigger and i want to have it at speed idle it just die. It has a new spark plug and i cleaned the carb, it does the same. At full throttle it has a rough performance.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-03, 08:35 PM
First thing is to make sure the air filter is clean. Next thing, is there any adjusting screws on the carburetor? Adjusting the screw(s) should fix the problem.

Old 11-22-03, 09:21 PM
Tuco_Ramirez
Visiting Guest
Maruyama hedge trimmer

Thanks for read my message, the air filter is clean and there are not adjusting screws in the maruyama engines .
Is this problem caused for a low cylinder compression due to internal wear in the combustion chamber?
How much pressure sould be in the cylinder?
Thanks again

Old 11-22-03, 11:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you sure there are no screws on the carbutetor? If not, It may need a rebuild kit in the carb, could be low compression too. Remove the muffler and look at the piston and cylinder through the muffler port. If it is scarred up, that's the problem.

Old 11-24-03, 03:59 PM
Tuco_Ramirez
Visiting Guest
hedge trimmer problem

Thanks for your answers, i use maruyama weedeaters, hedge trimmers and leaf blowers, they don't have adjusting screws in the carburetor .
I always have to clean the muffler port in those engines to get rid of the carbon build up.
In this case the problem seems to be diferent. I think we are going to get another hedge trimmer, a brand new, but I'd like to know what causes this kind of problem.
Does anyone know how much compression should be in the cylinder?
Thanks to everybody.

Old 11-24-03, 07:00 PM
If you hold your finger over the spark plug hole when spinning the engine over, it should have enough compression to push your finger off the hole. I had a trimmer that had similar problems and come to find out, the primer bulb was cracked. Make sure that the primer bulb and fuel lines aren't cracked. In other words, air could be getting into the fuel system giving you that problem.

Search this Thread