Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

jacobsen snow blower

Visiting Guest

11-23-03, 06:40 AM   #1  
ohiodad31
jacobsen snow blower

i have a blower that i rebuilt the carb on and it still wont start it acts like it wants to but wont i've cleaned the carb really good and everything i did'nt think it was getting spark but it is even when i put gas in the plug hole it still wont start not even for a sec ..................

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

11-23-03, 04:11 PM   #2  
Hello ohiodad31. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

As with any engine that is getting fuel but will not start, always test for spark at the plug. To do this, remove the spark plug, reattach the ignition wire to the plug and lay the plug onto the engine.

Crank the engine and look for a blue arc across the plugs gap. If there isn't one, either the plug is internally grounded. Replace the plug and try again.

Still no spark at the plug or the engine will not start with a new plug, check the start/kill switch, it may be or is grounded. On/run switch, whichever the machine has, may be grounded or defective.

Once it can be determined there is spark to the plug, reinstall it and try starting the engine again.

Check the choke. It must be fully closed for cold starting. Be sure the choke is opened when priming the engine or partially opened. Be sure the carb is not flooding the engine. Or the carb is supplying fuel to the engine.

Lots of possibilities. Most likely I haven't covered all of the possibilities. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals in the forum may be able to offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your question several times over the next few days for additional replies.

Small engine repair parts, generic repair manuals and additional help are all available at all local small engine repair shops and or lawn mower repair shops in your area. Shops and dealers are listed in the phone book directory.

Suggestion:
Read all already asked questions and the replies offered in them on this same type of problem for additional help & information. Doing so will provide additional possible causes and the solutions to correct them.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button. Using the reply button moves the topic back up to the top of the daily topic list automatically & keeps all communications in this one thread.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice.
Small Engine Forum Moderator. Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor and Multiple Topics Moderator.

Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-23-03, 08:16 PM   #3  
Hello Ohiodad31!

What brand, HP, and model# engine do you have? What problems were you having that prompted you to rebuild the carb? I'm trying to get some info and history to help figure out what is wrong with it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

12-05-03, 05:21 PM   #4  
ohiodad31
sorry it took so long to post reply i am so so busy i dont the hp model or any thing i dont have any spark to it now i'm thinking about just putting it in the shop

Visiting Guest

12-05-03, 05:33 PM   #5  
buttlint
OD.

Is a single stage 2 stroke or a 2 stage 4-cyle machine?

Visiting Guest

12-06-03, 07:03 AM   #6  
ohiodad31
`it is a 2 stroke motor

Visiting Guest

12-06-03, 01:07 PM   #7  
buttlint
OH.

You might want to call around first and see if anyone will work on it. Jake has been out of buisness for quite a few years now and its getting quite difficult and expensive for parts. (We stopped taking them in for service 3 years ago.)

For the cost of repair, you may want to consider a new one, or a decent used one. You know that the machine is at least 15 years old, and if you are in for a spark module and tune up, you could be looking at a pretty hefty repair bill. (Take a look at the paddles and scraper also. If they are done, it may run great, but may only spit the snow out 2 feet in front of you.)

Just a thought. 'lint.

Visiting Guest

12-08-03, 06:55 PM   #8  
ohiodad31
hey thanks alot we told my father inlaw to get rid of it but he thinks everything can be fixed no matter what is wrong with it so i took a shot at it " OH WELL"""""""""" THANKS ALOT

Search this Thread