Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mistake-Wrong gas on my Snow Throwe

Visiting Guest

11-24-03, 05:23 PM   #1  
roborobor
Mistake-Wrong gas on my Snow Throwe

Hello,

I have a Bolen 8 HP Tecumseh engine snow thrower. My problem is that early this morning I really screwed up an grabbed the wrong gas can and poured in the wrong fuel which was a mixture for my weed eater. I did not really notice in the performance until I ran out of gas. I put in some new 87 unlead. It starts fine, but runs like it gets gas then not; kind of when a engine is ready to run out of gas sputter.

Also any idea how often I should replace the spark plug. Not sure when it was last replaced. I bought this Bolen used a few years ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-24-03, 08:32 PM   #2  
Hello roborobor!

Sounds like you have water and/or trash in the carb. Remove the bowl and clean it out and clean the bowl screw well. Often when an engine runs out of gas, it sucks up the last bit of garbage in the tank and it clogs up the carb. Let us know how it goes!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

11-24-03, 10:17 PM   #3  
roborobor
Thanks for the reply cheese. I will be sure to keep you posted. I live in Alaska so I am very dependent upon it. Thanks again.

Search this Thread