Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

no cross for Champion spark plug?

11-26-03, 10:27 AM   #1  
no cross for Champion spark plug?

This Champion 5861 (or maybe 5B61?) was in a Craftsmen Vacuum / Shredder / Bagger / Blower with a 3.5hp Briggs. It appears to be the original but I could find no crossref to NGK or any other plug. I only see 5843, 5846, and 5847 under Champion in stores. Should I be "that" concerned? It's spark seemed weak so I wanted to replace it. This blower is old but in great shape. I will get it's part number... but wonder why I couldn't cross this plug online to any other?

It appears to have been trashed because it had no power. I'm cleaning tank, carb and replugging... and it will probably be fine. Compression is good and it started up just fine. Your thoughts on the plug issue?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

11-26-03, 01:21 PM   #2  
Hello racket7!

A Champion RJ19LM or CJ8 will work fine in this engine. I am not familiar with the # you show.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

11-26-03, 07:17 PM   #3  
Tcumcman
Champion to NGK

Racket,

If you "prefer" an NGK...USE B2-LM or BR2-LM.

Tcumcman

12-01-03, 12:12 PM   #4  
Thanks for the replies : RJ19LM worked fine

Thanks for the replies : RJ19LM worked fine... Hardware store said that the other number was from an " easy start " product line of Champion but he couldn't track this one specifically either. I'll bet it was a print flaw.... Yea, I'll let it go.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-02-03, 12:05 AM   #5  
Glad we could help! Thanks for letting us know the outcome!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread