Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Snowblower 5hp Linkage Setup

Visiting Guest

12-05-03, 05:32 AM   #1  
2greyhounds
Craftsman Snowblower 5hp Linkage Setup

I have a Craftsman Snowblower with a 5hp Tecumseh engine only about 3 years old. I cleaned the carb in the spring and the linkage fell off the linkage plate and I'm not sure which hole it goes in, I went with the one that looked worn. I think I guessed right but I will not know until I try to move a load with it. I don't think it is running as loud as it was, I've started it so many times the past few day I can't tell anymore. The manuel only shows the carb itself, not the linkage assembly to the plate. Does anyone have a picture or a diagram of the this? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-05-03, 10:45 PM   #2  
Hello 2greyhounds!

Which end of the linkage fell off? I don't have a diagram for you, but maybe someone here that is more familiar with snowblower engines can help. If you put it in the hole with wear marks, then chances are it is right. If you move the throttle from idle to full, and the engine responds accordingly the whole way, then it should be right. WWW.sears.com/partsdirect will show you a diagram of this. Get the model# of your engine...not the snowblower, and type it into the site and select "view diagram".

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

12-06-03, 03:53 AM   #3  
2greyhounds
Do not throw like it should

Well since I actually got to use the snowblower, it will take a shoot but does not have the shooting distance since the linkage problem. Any suggestions.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-07-03, 12:02 AM   #4  
Did you look at the diagram on the link I gave?

God bless!

Visiting Guest

12-08-03, 10:56 AM   #5  
2greyhounds
Yes, but it did not help me much with actuall setup of the linkage. The last time I was in Sears I looked at one of the newer ones and set it up the same way, the only other problem I noticed is alittle bit of oil the spits out from the an open ended hose by the carb.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-08-03, 09:50 PM   #6  
Does it run better now? The tube you see is the PCV vent tube. On most engines, it connects to the air filter housing, but I understand most snowblowers don't have air filters. Maybe it connects to the air intake somewhere? I wish I could help more, but I don't get to work on any snowblowers down here in the deep south.

God bless!

Search this Thread