Blown Engine

Old 12-08-03, 12:05 PM
WToth
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Blown Engine

Hello, first time posting. Just came in, my Ariens snow blower quit.
The engine is gone. It is a 1975 model 24" width cut, with a 6 HP Tecumseh engine. I have two questions? Will a 8 HP engine work on this machine, and where can I get one. I live in MA, south of Boston, in the town of Weymouth. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Hello, anybody ......... HELP!

Last edited by WToth; 12-08-03 at 03:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-03, 04:53 PM
6 HP on a '75 doesn't sound quite right. Can you post Ariens model number or engine model & spec number, please.

Old 12-08-03, 07:50 PM
WToth
Visiting Guest
Back at you, thanks for the reply. The model # of the machine is 910002, serial # is 009821. The model # on the engine is H60-75343j and serial # is 1285d Hope this helps. Tecumseh engine.

Old 12-08-03, 08:22 PM
That helps. That was made in 1971-1972. The newer HMSK80's will require four new mounting holes and you will probably have to relocate the chute control crank to allow clearance of the carb cover.

Old 12-08-03, 09:24 PM
WToth
Visiting Guest
The deck on mine has four studs sticking up, that the motor sits down on. There is a plate attached to the bottom of the motor to accomplish this. Moving the chute control doesn't appear to be a problem. You mean to the left of where it is now? Move the eye bolt? Looks like I can move it about 2-1/2 to 3", at the cross bar. The stud pattern is Aprox. 6-3/8 X 3-1/8" The 6-3/8" being from side to side and the 3-1/8" being from front to back. This make sense to you? It is now 12:30 am here and I have to get to bed. Thanks very much for your time, and I will pick up your further comments in the morning. THANKS again. (where would I get one of these motors you refer to?)

Old 12-09-03, 10:56 AM
WToth
Visiting Guest
Thank you Firepaw, for all the help. I bit the bullet and bought a new machine. Another Ariens, 11 hp If this one is only half as good as the old one, it should be still around after I'm gone. Thanks again,

Old 12-09-03, 05:31 PM
needles
Visiting Guest
I'm from the south shore too. Check out American Rentals in Abington. Accross the street from Cape Cod Lumber. They have small engines there,and do alot of small engine work. I'm not sure if they sell them though. Pretty sure they might.

Nevermind,didn't read your last posts.

Old 12-09-03, 05:59 PM
WToth
Visiting Guest
Thanks Needles, appreciated.