Compilation of the year

Old 12-08-03, 10:57 PM
Compialation of the year

Cheese this one only you can answer and no one else! LOL

How have things been with such a successful man?

How was your thanksgiving?

What do you plan to do on Chrstmas?

I want to thankyou for all the advice that you have given me over this whole entire year. Your knowledge has allowed me to learn more about small engines and to feel more confident on doing it myself. I have allways been a doityourself kind of guy, but sometimes I thought I would screw up if I worked on something. Remember about the piston rings posting? I was feeling a little woried on completely taking the engine apart to install them. You gained my confidence back buy not only reminding me that I could do it myself and I don't need to take it to repair shop, but also showing me what tools I needed to do the job. Once again, thankyou so much for your input!

To anyone who cares to know... I collected over the year, 1 tiller, 2 small engines, 3 weedeaters, and Kabota Lawn Tractor. With all of these, you might say I have a good collection. The 3 weed trimmers I need to work on. One is not getting spark, the other is not getting gas, and the other one needs a new trimmer head. The Kabota Lawn Tractor was given to me because the guy accidently put gasoline in a diesal engine and could never get it started again. Obviously what do you think I did to fix this? Thats right you guest it! I clean all the gasoline out of the diesal engine primed it with diesal, activated the cylinder heater system for one minute and turned the key and wala, A 20HP 54inch cut Kabota Diesal Lawn tractor all for me. I never thought I would ever get so lucky to get that thing cause that thing is worth 10,000 dollars.

The one small engine is running perfectly fine except for the oil burning caused by worn out piston rings, next year I will deal with that issue! The other small engine was not getting spark or gasoline into the engine. I replaced the carb it was to rusty! And I replaced the coil and wala, another 8HP engine! The tiller was running fine but I decided to clean the carb throughly anyway. I replaced the sparkplug and fuel line and she is good as new.

Cheese... At the end of every year from now on I will make a compialation of what I have worked on in one whole year. So incase you or others have not caught up with the postings they get to see this.

I have a new moto all because of Cheese great work towards helping everyone out.

REMEMBER...YOU CAN ALLWAYS REPAIR A SMALL ENGINE NO MATTER WHAT THE PROBLEM IS IF YOU JUST SAY TO YOURSELF. I CAN DO IT. I CAN MAKE THIS WORK. AND IT SHALL BE DONE...

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-03, 11:15 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hi Terminator!

Been doing fine, had a great Thanksgiving! Hope you did as well.

I have no clue what will be happening around Christmas. Things get busy with family and friends, but I LOVE IT! I'm sure I'll get miserably stuffed too.

I'm very glad I was able to help you with your projects. Thank you for letting us know how they progress. You are SOO lucky with the Kubota mower!!! That's unheard of!! I have one of those at the shop right now...it was overheated badly and burned up the pistons among other things. It got so hot that some of the solders melted out of the radiator. Nice machine though.

Thanks the "thumbs up", and your input on this site.

Old 12-09-03, 08:28 AM
Now all I have to do is get a snow blower. Not sure when I will get that. We really don't get alot of snow up where I live. However years ago we got 5 to 10 inches of snow. And that is worth getting one of them. And of course if anyone knows me at all they will know that I will not buy it new! I will either pay for it cheap at garage sale or I will get it free!

Old 12-09-03, 10:09 PM
Terminator20, you are very lucky to have gotten that Kubota, I'm jelious!!!!!! I hope I collect as many treasures as you did. I do want to thank you Cheese for the patients and helpful advice that you give us. It sure is nice to have someone with years of experience walk you through problem after problem and never give up. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Good job on the Kubota!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-03, 12:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Anytime! I like to help people. Thanks for your appreciation! I hope you stick around here for a long time.

Old 12-11-03, 04:11 AM
You can indeed repair just about ANY small engine if you want to bad enough. Keep in mind that it is also possible to spend more money on that engine than what a new one would cost, especially if you consider that your time (even your spare time) is worth something. I've proven this fact many times, but somehow can't help myself. LOL. Maybe there is a 12 step program for this affliction.

Old 12-11-03, 09:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Step one of any affliction is admitting there is a problem to begin with . You are already one step down the road to recovery! You could join the OCERA (Obsessive-Compulsive Engine Repairer's Association) and participate in their group therapy sessions. Other support groups abound. As for me...they told me to leave. Said I was too far gone...beyond hope...said I made a jump to a parallel universe powered by 4 strokes.

Old 12-13-03, 05:02 PM
I just want to echo the above comments, Cheese. Your comments have saved me several times in the past year. There is absolutely nothing better than experence and the ability to share it.

Old 12-13-03, 05:17 PM
T20, If you are ever interested there is a forum exclusively for Kobota riders and tractors at http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/K...tractors1.html .

Old 12-13-03, 07:19 PM
Thankyou Jack_B

Old 12-14-03, 08:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Thanks for the appreciation Jack B.! I don't do it all by myself...people like you and all the other members who help often answer the questions before I even log in here. I'm with good company!