Homelite string trimmers

Old 12-13-03, 11:44 AM
Homelite string trimmers

Could someone explain just what happened to Homelite? Also, can you still purchase parts.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-03, 01:02 PM
buttlint
Visiting Guest
Jack,

Homelite has been bought and sold so many times its hard to keep track of. They were bought by JDeere, gutted, then sold again. The last I heard they are owned by company called TI. Whether its the same company that owns ryobi, I am not sure.

Parts are a huge PIA to get. Backorders for simple things like starter springs and pulleys for common items like handheld blowers are common. I dont handle warrenty payments, so I dont know how they are about that. (I am still doing warrenty stuff, so they must be paying thier bills)

They dont seem to be making any "high-end" products. ( at least I havent seen any in the last few years) just cheap chainsaws and blowers.

Parts for older stuff is getting almost impossible to get. A lot of stuff is NLA. I thought they might get thier act together over the last year under new owners, but I havent seen it. I am very cautious about what I take in the shop, because I have been burnt a few times waiting for as long as 6 months to get a part.

I am not seeing them making in product improvements, or new lines of stuff. I just work on the stuff, but those are some of the things I see from my end of it.

Old 12-13-03, 04:22 PM
Buttlint,
Thanks for the information.