Ariens Snow Blower Carb rebuild or replace

Old 12-15-03, 10:03 AM
70Duster
Visiting Guest
Ariens Snow Blower Carb rebuild or replace

Hello Everyone,

I have a mid 70's Ariens 7HP Snow blower that was left in the house that my wife and I just bought. It would start but not run very well. I have changed the oil, drained the fuel, Spayed down the Carb with Carb Cleaner, Removed the mouse nest that was under all of the covers, replaced the spark plug and adjusted the carb.

It now runs better but still failry rough and there is now gas pouring out of the top of the Carb.

My questions are will a rebuild kit fix the leaking problem? Is this simply a float issue? Will rebuilding the Carb fix this or does the carb need to be replaced?

Also where can I get a diagram for rebuilding the carb. I have looked online as was suggested in other posts but I can't find any diagrams.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as money is tight right now... New house and new baby!! :-)

Thanks,

Mike

Old 12-15-03, 11:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Congradulations on the new house!!!!!!!!! Gas pouring out the top of the carburetor suggests that the needle isn't seating which could be caused by trash stuck to the needle/seat or by a bad float. If the float has a hole in it, then it would allow gas to get into it and it would no longer be able to stop the gas when the bowl is full. Try removing the float (it is only held on by a pin) and shake the float near your ear. If you can hear gas sloshing around in it, then the float is no longer good. Also, check to see if the needle tip and seat is clean. A carburetor rebuild kit would contain new gaskets, needle, and maybe a seat if it's replacable. Good luck with the new house, snow blower, baby, and whatever else you have!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-03, 01:25 PM
70Duster
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the info Mower.

Does anyone know a website where I can find a detail of the Carb Assembly??

I took it the bowl off to check the float and a part fell out of the carb. It is a needle of some sort and I can't figure out where this goes.

Also where do I get the numbers off the Carb to get a rebuild kit??

Thanks again!!

Mike

Old 12-15-03, 01:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Write down the model number on the engine (usually found on the shroud or on a tag) and the horse power and brand and give that information to your local repair shop. They should be able to give you the correct carb kit for your engine.

Here's a link:
http://www.lawn-mower-shop.com/carb1.htm

Old 12-15-03, 09:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hello Mike!

I stumbled on a site that showed a diagram of this carb, but I can't remember where it was. I will look for it and let you know if I find it. Many auto parts stores sell manuals for small engines, and the library would probably have one for your engine too.

I agree, sounds like you just need a rebuild, not a new carb.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: