Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman GT-6000 Dual exhaust

Visiting Guest

12-19-03, 03:28 PM   #1  
MAGNUM MIKE
Craftsman GT-6000 Dual exhaust

Hi guy's Magnum Mike here.. Been reading this forum for some time now and thought id post a pic of my GT-6000's custom dual exhaust I installed my self.. The tractor has a 18HP twin cyl. kohler magnum engine on it that has over 3000 hours on it. This has been a great tractor no problems at all.. Anyway guy's great forum keep up the good work.

Sponsored Links

12-19-03, 05:14 PM   #2  
Holy camoly!!!!!!!!!!!! I never saw that before!!!!!!!!!! That thing's ready to race!!!!!!!! I bet it's nice when you turn into the wind and you don't have to worry about any exhaust blowing back into your face. Did you have any trouble routing it around the belts??????

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-19-03, 09:49 PM   #3  
Hi Mike!

Bet that sounds pretty mean when you throttle it up. Good job on it. Did you run it outside of the frame, under the foot rests?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

12-21-03, 04:48 PM   #4  
MAGNUM MIKE
Cheese, yep sounds real mean when you throttle her up... And yes I ran two 1" steel pipes from each head back under each foot board and out the back. Mower17, when I ran the pipes out the back I did it for the looks and the sound.. but your right I get no exhaust fumes at all now. No problem with the belts since they all run inside the frame and I ran the pipes on the outside.

12-29-03, 07:09 PM   #5  
Is it a straight pipe or does it still have a muffler?

Visiting Guest

01-02-04, 08:51 PM   #6  
MAGNUM MIKE
Straight... all the way.

Search this Thread