Deck belt

Old 12-20-03, 03:12 PM
Deck belt

I've got a Cub Cadet model-1027...the one that's shaped like a beetle. Is it possible for a V-belt to become streached pretty badly? According to the numbers on the belt, it's the correct one. After adjusting idler pulley all the way to maximum tightness, I can still slip the belt off the pulleys. Whenever the blade is engaged, nothing happens...the pully on the PTO turns O.K. but the belt is so loose that it won't engage the blade. The belt seems to be in pretty good shape. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-03, 11:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Jack!

The blade belt is engaged by a cable if I remember right. Watch the tensioner pulley when you engage and disengage the blade. Does it move? If not, the cable is broken...which is common on those mowers.

Old 12-22-03, 03:27 PM
Cheese,
I found the problem. There are two levers, one contains the blade brake and also the control cable, the other lever has the idler pulley and also has a return spring attached to it. The two levers are connected with a large link (approximately 2-1/2" long). Anyway, I put them back on with the link on top. While studying the owners manual, I noticed the link was underneith. I'm not at all sure that I understand why but it works now. This smalll error made all the differance in the world.

Old 12-23-03, 12:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got it! Thanks for letting us know how it went.