re: determining age of Ariens snowblower

Old 12-22-03, 05:54 PM
re: determining age of Ariens snowblower

Hello:

I've posted a few tips and hope somone here has an answer to this one:

The Ariens ST 504 I bought recently is an older model but I'd like to know just how old.

Obviously it has the 5 HP Tecumseh Snow King engine---which runs like a champ once I boiled out the carb and adjusted it

Model number is 93206 on the Ariens itself (not the HS 50 engine number) and serial number is 027178.

That said, once the front end ( 24" scoop and auger unit) is separated it shows an SN of 832006--somthing my parts supplier says was not uncommon as they did at times sell the 5 HP with a 20" and a 24".

Any tips on the age of this will be appreciated and Happy Holidays to All!

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-03, 12:17 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Snowman53!

If you could post the numbers off the engine, I can give you an idea of when the engine was made. If it is an original engine for the machine, then it would give you some idea of how old the machine is as well. I don't have a method for dating ariens equipment by mod or ser #s, but I'll check into it and see what I can find out.

Old 12-24-03, 11:31 PM
re: age of Ariens

Hello Cheese:

Thanks for the reply.

Numbers on these things drives me nuts (and also Ariens dealers) and I am a guy who likes and lives by numbers.

I concur with you that the best way to determine age would be with the SN of the engine--which I'll post tomorrow.

See, I'll have to remove the momentary switch for the electric start before it is visible. Not a big deal but I'm too laxy to do it at 1 AM on Christmas day.

Does not really matter to me how old it is as it's a good machine, but I am ever curious.

Happy Holidays,

Snowman

Old 12-25-03, 02:20 PM
re: age has been determined

Thanks to a member named Firepaw here I now have the following info:

mfd. '79 - '80. The '80 - '82 run started with s/n 040001.

Engine was HS50-67008C

Sales # - ST504
Owners Man. - 32078C
Parts Man. - PM-32-80. 83

All I can say is I am impressed that a machine of this age that obviously did not get TLC still runs so well.

No all I have to do is get that darn impeller shaft pulley hub off!

Will see if the dealer will give me a hand on that tomorrow as I am going out to buy a new pressure washer I spotted he'd like to move. Not many buying those this time of year.

Nice little 2750 PSI unit with a 5 HP Honda engine

Happy Holidays,

Snowman53

Search this Thread