Greetings & Welcomes

Old 12-26-03, 08:27 PM
Hey all

I was browsing for a hello forum but none could be found.....reason being I just signed up here and I wanted to introduce myself, this looks like a very interesting and informative site that I will like being a part of. I work mainly on 4 cycle motors expecially snow blowers....hence the name....and I am willing to help anyone with problems with their motors. I come from up in canada where the weather is cold and sometimes the snow is deep (just not lately) and maybe I'll check out the position of assistant moderator,(who knows)
If I can be of assistance to anyone....I'm there for you cause I'm gonna make this my daily drop in spot now.

snoman

be cool all

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-03, 11:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello snoman!

Glad to have you! I have been looking for someone to help answer the snowblower questions! I live in south Georgia, and snow is rare and never enough to warrant the use of a snowblower. Needless to say, I don't have any experience, books, or knowledge about them. Your expertise is welcomed here. The position of co-moderator is also open to the right person/people. You can send me a PM or email about it if you like and I will explain.

Hope you had a great Christmas, and have a happy New Year!

Old 12-27-03, 09:06 AM
Glad to have you too. I have been on this forum for quite long time now, however giving knowledge and learning at the same time, I know nothing of snow blowers either. Even though we don't get much snow up here anymore I still would like to have one so I search the news papers all the time for a classifide add on getting rid of or selling snow blower. I think it would be cool to own one. I am the kind of person who likes to have everything so when I see a chance of me getting it, I make sure I get it! LOL

Glad to have you on the boards...There has been a lot of snow blowers questions here like you can't believe!

Old 12-27-03, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to being able to help as many of the members as I can. You've got some very knowledable people here and I look forward to helping as well as learning too.

snoman

Old 12-27-03, 09:46 AM
Smile just to say hello

Hello to all
Have not been on in awhile.Been busy working on some lawnmowers.I hope everyone had a nice christmas.

Old 12-28-03, 12:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello mowerman!

Had a great Christmas. Hope you have a happy New Year! Keep on fixin' those mowers!

Old 12-28-03, 08:20 AM
Admin Emeritus
Thumbs up Welcome Aboard

Hello: Snoman

The diy small engine topic welcomes you, as well as all the help you can provide to other members in any area of small engine problem solutions.

Providing helpful ideas, solutions, suggestions, repair methods & procedures, advice, etc. we all learn more and learn from each other.... Sharing & helping is our goal. Glad to have aboard.

Regards. Sharp Advice.
Small Engine Forum Moderator. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor and Multiple Topics Moderator. Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair. "Accurate Power Equipment Company."
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Old 12-30-03, 06:53 AM
jlm
Visiting Guest
Hello Snowman! and everyone else. I've only been a member for a short time but really enjoy this forum and especially the expertise of Cheese! I work on snowblowers as well, we get a fair amount of snow in Connecticut but not as much as in Canada.
I look forward to asking you some challenging questions.
Haven't been able to stump anyone yet.
Happy New Year to everyone!

Old 12-30-03, 03:48 PM
re: Welcome

Hello Snoman:

I too am a recent member and am Snowman53.

Where are you in Canada? I live in Upstate NY in the snowbelt just south of Lake Ontario, but also have a cottage on Buck's Bay up at Bob's Lake (45 minutes NE of Kingston, Ontario.)

While not a dealer or professional mechanic at the moment (I decided years ago while working as a Volvo mechanic to go get a degree) I too have a fair bit of experience with snow equipment. THat said, my experience was primarily with large engines and plow hydraulics.

Perhaps we could work together as assistant moderators, should Cheese and the others deem it acceptable.

Better go now as I have two loaves of fresh bread rising and need to keep an eye on them.

See my posts on questions I had regarding an Ariens.

I've resolved all issues and will be posting pics this week on a step by step "how-to" on belt and bearing replacement.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Old 12-30-03, 05:45 PM
Snoman53
I'm up in Southern Manitoba where we used to get lots of snow but lately mother nature hasn't been very nice to us snow lovers.
Assistant mods sounds good to me but right now that fresh bread you're making sounds even better
Plus along with you I too have a couple of Ariens blowers.

snoman

Old 12-30-03, 11:57 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Bread??!! Cheese and bread go good together...LOL. I meant to get into the co-moderator issue sooner, but I've been pretty busy with all the "holiday" things that go on this time of year.

Basically, the co-moderator position is open to anyone who qualifies. Now...what qualifies someone to be a moderator? There are several things that we look for, and there are exceptions to each of these. We like to see that the member is qualified, has good etiquette, and good grammar. We also look at how long the member has been registered, and how often they post...not just number of posts, but how few and far between they are. We like to see people who frequent the site often...basically on a daily basis. We get a lot of people who come on this site (not just small engines, but all over this DIY site) who are gung-ho for a month or two, get the position of moderator, and then vanish. We also get the types who cannot handle differences of opinions, or have ego problems, or no people skills, etc... and administration has to drop their status or ban them completely if they get too obnoxious.

Give it a little time, keep up the helpful advice, and if you're right for the job and you want the position, it'll be yours. Like I said...I have been looking for someone to help (with the snowblowers especially), and you snowmen are helping me quite a bit. I really appreciate it.

I originally intended to send this info to snoman in a pm, but now that I see that there are two of you interested, I decided to post this right here.

Happy New Year!
I hope it is better than the last (not that last year was bad) and full of blessings for all!

Old 12-31-03, 11:00 AM
cheese
That sounds good to me.....I shall await your decision and I hope I don't disapoint you.
Hey snowman53.....that bread still sounds good to me cause it's lunchtime here and I'm hungry and nothing beats bread right out of the oven.
Happy New Year.
snoman

Old 01-02-04, 09:02 PM
Heaven...I'm in Heaven

Welll whatd'ya figure....Mother nature finally started to pay me back and it's snowing like gangbusters here now. I can finally play in the snow tomorrow. wooooohooooo!!!!!

snoman

Old 01-02-04, 10:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Lol...it's somewhere around 55-60 degrees here tonight. I love it. It is much warmer than usual though...they have forecasted 79 degrees for sunday's high here. Almost scary, the fig tree is budding out.

Old 01-03-04, 06:10 AM
cheese
When I just checked ( and it's 8 am here now) the temp was a balmy -25C and with the windchill it's -37C. There'll be no lineups at the beach today.

snoman

Old 01-03-04, 11:35 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
That kind of temp is beyond my imaginations' capability, lol. Sounds like you live on a mountain peak in Siberia!

Old 01-04-04, 09:23 AM
cheese
No mountains here unless you count the city dump hill. The cold is expected to last another 4 or 5 days with chills hovering below the -40C mark. Plus with the dump of snow in the last 2 days I had drifts of at least 3 feet in some areas in my yard. Man did I have fun with my 6hp Ariens. (did I say I love my Ariens)

snoman

Old 01-04-04, 02:19 PM
fd_colorado
Visiting Guest
Hi Snoman,

I've got a new to me, John Deere TRX 26 that seems to have the tracks locked. It was working fine yesterday.

I just got it and I don't have a manual yet. Seeing as how we got 16" of snow I'd appreciate any ideas you may have.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Fred

Old 01-04-04, 02:40 PM
fred...welcome
You said you used it yesterday and the tracks worked ok so is there a possibility of something iced up? Or do you have some sort of a "parking brake" pin or lever that you may have inadvertantly clicked on?

Let me know.
snoman

Old 01-09-04, 10:59 PM
fd_colorado
Visiting Guest
turned out to be a drive chain that slipped off

thanks snoman

Old 01-10-04, 08:22 AM
fred
You're welcome...glad you're back up and running.

snoman

Search this Thread