Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

headlight replacement(bulb)

01-05-04, 08:11 AM   #1  
headlight replacement(bulb)

I own a pre-MTD Troy-bilt snow blower with an accessory light that is round and has an on off switch mounted in the housing .The housing is a hard rubber like substance and there is no obvious way to change the bulb. The light lens is marked GE which leads me to believe that it may be a sealed beam. The housing has stamped into it the name "SPEAKER USA" and nothing more. Any ideas on how to remove the bulb-beam would be appreciated. The original Troy-Bilt light kit part # is 1745785. Also would like to know how to determine what the bulb-sealed beam replacement would be .

Thanks ,
Marc

Last edited by mml4; 01-10-04 at 05:42 AM.

Sponsored Links

01-05-04, 04:54 PM   #2  
The guy at the MTD parts #!(800)269-6215 ran the Troy-Bilt part number for me but came up empty. He gave me this number for Strawn Sales and Service (814)938-3927. The people here are a great resource. The guy I spoke to knew what the part looked like immediately,told me how to use a hair dryer to heat the housing to get the bulb out and said the replacement was a GE4411.This conversation lasted no more than 20 seconds.

If you want to add a light to your blower or need to repair one you already own call this guy. He knows his business.

Marc

Last edited by mml4; 01-10-04 at 05:42 AM.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-06-04, 12:50 AM   #3  
Hello Marc!

Glad you got it figured out! Thanks for letting us know the fix!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread