Snowblower Parts Question

Old 01-14-04, 06:06 PM
Looking for the Noma/Canadiana website for parts

Hey all
Sorry for being away for a bit but we finally got snow!!!!! and it's been hectic here to say the least. What I'm looking for is a web site for the Noma/Canadiana snow blower cause I am building one from two and I need part numbers for pulleys and belts and such.The model of the unit is CN523. Or if anyone out there has a parts book on it so I could get the right numbers for what I need that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks greatly

Snoman

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-04, 07:06 AM
Admin Emeritus
Snoman

Have you tried locating the parts or obtaining the part numbers from the local small engine repair shops in your area? Might be worth the time and prove to be successful.

Small engine repair parts, generic repair manuals and additional help are all available at many local small engine repair shops and or lawn mower-snowblower power equipment repair shops in your area. Shops and dealers are listed in the phone book directory.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice.
Small Engine Forum Moderator. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor and Multiple Topics Moderator. Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair. "Accurate Power Equipment Company."
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Old 01-18-04, 08:31 AM
Sharp Advice
I've given that some thought but I would like to look up the numbers at my own convenience due to the fact the small motor places will be extremely busy due to the amount of snow we've gotten lately. I don't want to take up too much of their time if I can do my own looking up and just bring them the part numbers that I need.
This job is a "make 1 from 2 snowblowers" project. (parting out an older craftsman and refurbishing the Noma) I want to get the proper pulleys so I don't have to mess around mixing and matching belts and such.

Thanks
snoman

Old 01-18-04, 08:17 PM
Snoman,

Try here- parts

Old 01-25-04, 05:44 PM
re: Noma parts

Hello Snoman:

You just now had snow? We've had over 120" here for the season and still 10 weeks to go.

My Ariens is running great and throwing well now that I replaced a few crucial bushings.

And this all started with a simple belt replacement *lol*

I'll still tear it down this Spring and completely restore it to as new condition.

Anyway, you never mentioned where in Canada you live.

Have you tried Banta? Good guys in Ontario and used to stop by in a truck loaded with chainsaw parts at my summer place.

They now have a warehouse and many other parts and might be a good resource.

Just checked their website http://www.bantasaw.com
and they have a fine stock of Murray, MTD and Noma pulleys etc.

Just go to the main page and click on "e-catalogue" and then look over at the right once that opens and click in "idlers and pulleys," then scroll down to Noma stuff.

If you still can't find what you need from Banta (which I doubt,) let me know and I can hook you up with a place here in Upstate NY called Kimber's Industrial Supply that has a great selection of idlers and pulleys and belts and bushings--but you'll need the dimensions or an OEM part number if you can't appear in person.

Good luck and keep us posted. Also... if you don't find what you need listed on the Banta website do give them a ring. I'm sure they could find what you need if it's not regular stock.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Old 01-25-04, 06:02 PM
re: Noma Canadiana website

Hello Snoman:

Did some research and it seems there is no website specifically for Noma machines.

Not surprising, as they were manufactured by Murray and are often "private label," a big business. For example, if one were to walk into a Canadian Tire store in Ontario and sees a snowblower called the "Canadian Blizzard" chances are it was manufactured by Murray (now MTD. Murray, Troy-Bilt and many other brands.)

Sad to see Troy-Bilt go that way but it's ALL about price now and the selling and marketing of "once great" brand names.

An Ariens dealer admitted to me yesterday that in his opinion the new machines are junk and cheaply made as it's all about the price point and competition. Can't say I disagree.

Any chance you could provide me with the model number and serial numbers of the units in question? Also the serial number of the engine. That wil make it easier for me to do cross reference checks on parts and point you to the right supplier.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Hoping for more snow here!

Old 01-26-04, 02:45 PM
snowman53
You see thats the interesting part. I am swapping an engine off of an older scraped craftsman blower to the noma which didn't have an engine when I got it. I talked to a local dealer near me
http://www.yetmans.mb.ca/ and they said I can come there and look at their parts book so I can find out which original pulleys I will need. I don't want to mix and match pulleys due to the fact when I get rid of this machine, I want whomever gets it to not have trouble getting belts and such. So you see thats why I was hoping to find an online parts catalogue so I could find all the numbers that I need before going into the dealer (I like to save them time)
Yes I'll let you know how it works out.
Thanks again.

snoman