strip out gear

Old 01-17-04, 11:26 PM
michael heinz
Visiting Guest
strip out gear

i have a sears #917377130 the gear on the self propelled strip out my question is where can i find just the gear a lone with out having to buy the whole box i check at sear.com they only sell the whole gear assembly #702511 only need the drive gear thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-04, 06:50 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello Michael. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site and our Small Engine forum.

Like all machinery, repair shops in your area may have the part and will sell it as a used part seperately. Check the small engine shops in your area.

Some of the larger shops are also connected via computers to small engine shops nation wide like auto junk yards. Dealers and some private shops can locate the part needed, have it sent to them and sold to you in a matter of days.

The specific part is not well described in your question. Exactly what part and where is it located on the self propelled unit? Use the reply button to add that info and any other info regarding the self propelled unit in full details. Doing so helps us help you.

Small engine repair parts, generic repair manuals and additional help are all available at all local small engine repair shops and or lawn mower repair shops in your area. Shops and dealers are listed in the phone book directory.

Small Engine Forum Moderator. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor and Multiple Topics Moderator. Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair. "Accurate Power Equipment Company."
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Old 01-18-04, 11:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello michael heinz!

You can probably find a good used one at most small engine shops, as that is a common drive unit. One problem is that usually the shaft bushings wear out, and let the gears get too far apart from each other and the gears strip. A new gear will strip if this is the case.