tractor shopping

Old 01-18-04, 07:19 AM
tractor shopping

Hi,

I am purchasing a small tractor for my cooperative, a residential complex on 12 acres in Queens,NY. We need some smaller tractors for snow removal. I know this is Lawn, but all tractors of this type are in the lawn and garden section. The tractor should be diesel, and able to accommodate a 36-46" blade. The tractor is to be used for clearing our many smaller paths. Any advice on makes, models, and other things to look for would be appreciated.

Israel

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-04, 01:41 PM
Tractor

You will get 100 different opinions on witch company is the best, so that is kind of a mute point. Just make sure what ever brand you decide to get has strong support so parts or upgrades will not be hard to find, this changes depending on the area in which you live and shops you have in your area. Also make sure the tractor includes a hydraulic system, because with some tractors you will have to buy it separate. You might not think you will need it but even if you think you won’t have to have a hydraulically operated attachment it will open up your options a lot for future operations. Also if you are going to keep the tractor where it gets cold make sure you get some kind of block heater and/or battery heater. Also if your tractor will see very cold weather it would be very helpful to use #1 diesel fuel instead of #2. Now having said all of that I will tell you that CASE IH has a very sold product and I and that would be my choice, there DX compact rigs are very nice and comfortable in my experience. You can get them in up to a 40HP diesel. But the bottom line is to get something that there is local rescores for.

Old 01-20-04, 08:24 AM
The use is primarily for snow removal. I've been looking at the Kubota B7500, and the John Deere 4010 series. What's your opinion of these, and how much should they cost?

Israel