Walbro LMT carburetor

Old 01-20-04, 05:39 PM
Question Walbro LMT carburetor

I am in the process of rebuilding the carburetor on a Briggs and Stratton, M - 28N707, T - 0160-01, C - 9411074A. Is it important to remove the aluminum cover above the float? It seems to be held in place with 3 small "rivets". I never have removed one of these and was just wanting to know what was beneath the aluminum plate. If I did remove it what's involved in putting it back in place? I did remove the welch plug and the holes were full of rust. This rider was caught in a flood and was under water for about 8 hours. Just trying to be thorough.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-04, 06:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Jack B.!

I guess you are looking at the piece that looks like a pie with 1/4 taken out of it? That is a baffle. The "rivets" you see are actually pins that are a cast piece of the carb. They poke through the holes in the baffle plate and are peened over. The baffle cannot easily be removed in a manner which allows reassembly. There are no important metering jets behind it, so after you soak the carb, make sure you blow out the area under that baffle well and you should be ok. The baffle is to keep fuel from escaping out the bowl vent. The vent goes from under the baffle out through a hole near the machined end of the carb.

Old 01-20-04, 07:10 PM
Jack B
If you go to the link below and the go to Engine Support you should be able to download a manual in PDF form.

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/

Old 01-21-04, 04:36 PM
LMT carburetor

Thanks fellows for the rapid response.

Old 06-15-08, 05:50 PM
Walbro LMT carburetor

Hi,
I had the same question as Jack; I have bought the rebuilt kit, and installed it. Also I bought and installed a new fuel pump. Thatís when my problems with flooding started...can't figure out how to stop the fuel unless I disconnect the hose and drain the bowl. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-16-08, 08:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
For some reason, your needle is not seating. If yours has a brass seat, make sure it is clean and you use the rubber tipped needle. If yours doesn't have the brass seat, make sure you installed the rubber seat in the correct position and use the metal tipped needle. Make sure the float doesn't have gas in it.

Old 06-25-08, 05:28 PM
I will give it a try...thank you very much

Search this Thread