Tecumseh H70 Snowblower won't run

Reply

  #1  
Old 01-22-04, 01:41 AM
hunter
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Tecumseh H70 Snowblower won't run

I have a Snow King 8hp Tecumseh snowblower. The model number is H70. I have put new points,condenser,and plug in it. The Carberator has new needle,seat,and float. The engine will idle nicely , but when i open the throttle it starts to choke itself out. It spits black smoke and hardly runs when the throttle is opened. Any suggestions?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 01-22-04, 02:18 AM
jughead's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 597
It sure sounds like the engine is running rich. Make sure the choke is off. If it is then try adjusting the high speed mixture control on the bottom of the carb. It should be adjusted in by turning the screw to the right. You may not have to turn it much. Maybe only a half a turn or so. If that doesn't do anything for you the screw can always be moved back to the origional position.
 
  #3  
Old 01-27-04, 08:49 PM
pops64
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Rich running and smoke can also be a dirty air filter. Have you cleaned or replaced it recently?
 
  #4  
Old 01-28-04, 01:50 AM
jughead's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 597
Usually snow blowers don't have air filters. Mine doesn't (with a Tecumseh engine) so if you don't find one don't waste a lot of time looking for it.
 
  #5  
Old 01-28-04, 03:05 PM
tidajo
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Tecumseh carb

i found the Tecumseh tec manual online. can view or print.
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
Should find your answer there.
 
  #6  
Old 01-28-04, 07:06 PM
snoman's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: mb, can
Posts: 326
tidajo
That is one awesome site for reference...that's gonna help alot of people here.

snoman
 
  #7  
Old 02-05-10, 11:15 PM
Guy Marchaud's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1
Another Source

Originally Posted by tidajo View Post
i found the Tecumseh tec manual online. can view or print.
http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
Should find your answer there.
This link no longer seems to work. Did anyone download the H70 manual and would be willing to share a copy? Thanks.
 
  #8  
Old 02-06-10, 04:17 AM
5dollaralien's Avatar
Member
Join Date: May 2009
Location: roanoke valley/Franklin county
Posts: 126
Originally Posted by Guy Marchaud View Post
This link no longer seems to work. Did anyone download the H70 manual and would be willing to share a copy? Thanks.
The link worked for me. I can try to send you a copy
 
  #9  
Old 02-06-10, 06:35 AM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 217
It's 2.5M so it takes a while to download. It worked for me this morning.
 
  #10  
Old 02-06-10, 06:37 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ontario,canada
Posts: 325
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
I have a Snow King 8hp Tecumseh snowblower. The model number is H70. I have put new points,condenser,and plug in it. The Carberator has new needle,seat,and float. The engine will idle nicely , but when i open the throttle it starts to choke itself out. It spits black smoke and hardly runs when the throttle is opened. Any suggestions?
when you get the manual you may find that changing the points requires re-timing the engine. You did have the specs for gapping the points
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes