Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro snow thrower won't start

Visiting Guest

01-31-04, 11:45 AM   #1  
katauska
Toro snow thrower won't start

I have a four year old Toro CCR 3650 6.5 HP snow thrower. It has always started right up on the first or second pull. The other day, I mixed way too much two cycle oil with the gas when refilling. It ran for about 5 mintues, then stopped, and I haven't been able to get it started since. I drained all the gas that was in ther out, and put back a much better 50:1 mix. I also pulled out the spark plug and cleaned it off. But even with the electric starter attched, it won't start. Anyone have any ideas? It is supposed to snow here again tomorrow.

Sponsored Links

01-31-04, 07:01 PM   #2  
Try putting a little gas into the spark plug hole. Replace the spark plug & wire and see if you can get the engine to start and run for a second or two. If you can't then remove the spark plug, make sure that the threads on the plug are touching the engine frame somewhere, engage the starter, and see if there is a spark jumping across the gap in the plug. Sounds like you have either fuel or ignition problems. Doing this simple test will quickly tell where the problem may be.

Search this Thread