Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

TORO CCR1000 Won't Start

Visiting Guest

02-01-04, 11:52 AM   #1  
carmat5
TORO CCR1000 Won't Start

I have a TORO CCR1000 Snow Thrower that will not start. I haven't ran it since last winter and I know I have violated the rules of the road to winterize it - I left the gas in the tank from last winter. Before I started it up this winter, I pumped out the old gas and refilled the tank with fresh gas. It would not start so I removed the spark plug and gave the cylinder a short squirt of starting fluid. I pulled once on the starter cord and it started up and ran for the entire snow removal session in my driveway. The other day we got another snowfall and I attempted to start it again with no luck. I gave the cylinder another squirt of starting fluid and it started but ran for only 3 seconds then stopped like it had run out of gas (the tank is full of fresh gas).

Can you point me in some direction as to what items I can look at, remove, clean, replace, etc.? I have absolutely no experience with small engine repair. I don't want to invest anymore 'repair bills' from the shops as I think I can educate myself (with some help from you) to keep this blower running.

Your thoughts?

Matt

Sponsored Links

02-01-04, 08:52 PM   #2  
You are obviously getting spark if the engine will start. Your problem most likely lies with your carberator. Either tha carb is not getting the gas from the tank to the carb, or it is and you have major constriction in the carb. I would highly suggest taking your carb apart and cleaning it very very well, and reattach the carb. If it still does not start after that, you may have a more serious problem.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-01-04, 10:09 PM   #3  
Hello Matt!

I agree...you have a fuel problem. I don't know what make and model engine you have, but check for fuel supply from the tank to the carb. If that is good, remove the carb bowl and clean it out. Sounds like it may well have water in it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread