Forum Changes

Old 02-03-04, 07:10 PM
Forum Changes

Wouldn't it have been nice if the Mods had announced the changes to the forum before it went into effect?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-04, 07:12 PM
We did not know, how can be announce something we were not aware of?

Were just as surprised as you.

Old 02-03-04, 07:22 PM
Thank god I had this forum in my favorites or I would have never found it. I find this change was not nessesary and all it has done is make things more difficult for most people.

Old 02-03-04, 08:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
OK, just got here and saw this post. First of all, I didn't make the changes. Second of all, I had no idea these changes were about to take place. Yes, It would have been nice if we were told these changes were going to occurr so that we could notify the forum members. I can understand how you would assume we knew.

Last edited by cheese; 02-03-04 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-03-04, 11:00 PM
Scared the heck outta me...lol..haven't been here for a couple days and thought you guys were trying to get rid of me...

you wouldn't do that would ya cheese??...lol

Old 02-04-04, 06:00 AM
i had the same thought as dennis. whfew, i would be bored to death if you all had cut me. i think we will all grt used to the changes. the heating and cooling has been broken down to get more specific. i think that the automotive should be looked at too. might be better if it had catagories. what do you all think?

Old 02-04-04, 08:18 AM
thanks for refining the forums. gonna make it easier for me anyway. Great site.

Old 02-04-04, 08:51 AM
Hey no offense meant, just a shot in the dark to see if it would stick.

I was worried that the most popular (aside from computers) thread was gone.

I am a happy camper now that I have my wubbie thread to read and contribute to.

Old 02-04-04, 09:08 AM
Well I have noticed since the changes were made that any of the DIY web pages all open with "errors" on page. I figure still getting the "bugs" out.

Old 02-04-04, 11:52 AM
This site is just an example of a modern E-Business. They make money by putting up a website, attracting people to it, and then selling Ads on it. The more people they can attract to the site the more they can charge for the Ads and the more money they can make. A useful 'people attraction' tool is the offer of a free service. What homeowner hasn't had a problem with something. What a marketing tool. Getting the moderators to work for nothing was a interesting idea. Perhaps it's a win-win proposition for all. I can believe that changes were made without even a mention to the moderators. Perhaps is was just an oversight.

Old 02-04-04, 04:49 PM
Well it can be said that no one likes change but these things happen and we continue and adapt. The main thing still is that we are here to help anyone with questions regarding small engines and such.
I'm okay with it.

snoman

Old 02-04-04, 06:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No offense taken tea3803. I was taken by surprise when I got here last night too. Sorry if I came across a little testy, I was just wondering (as you were) what in the world was going on. This forum may be moved again. I'm not sure, but I made the suggestion to administration that it be moved under the Garden and Outdoors section instead of here under the hardware and tools section. If you come back, and don't see it listed where it is now, then look under the garden and outdoors section.

Sorry to those who were confused about all this. If I knew it was coming, I would have mentioned it.

Jughead said: "Getting the moderators to work for nothing was a interesting idea. "

LOL...you're right! I guess it would seem to be a chore to many people. To me, it's a way to unwind from the day. I like to diagnose problems. I also like to help people. Call it corny, or whatever, but I get a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment when I help people. I guess that's why we do it for free.

As far as the "error on page" is concerned...I haven't found out about that yet, but I will mention it tonight and see what the story is. I imagine there are still some "bugs to be worked out" as vaavaavoom said.

DennisG...Nope...wouldn't do that...no way! LOL

Old 02-04-04, 07:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Well, maybe I was a little late with the info that were moving to the garden and outdoors topic. We're already there! That was quick!

Old 02-05-04, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by cheese

DennisG...Nope...wouldn't do that...no way! LOL
Cheese...I can see it in your smile...you were trying to get rid of me...darn yous all!!...lol...

I actually like the changes here, and have since suggested some like changes on our VB forum.

Work for free?? Who does that?? Oh yeah...anyone that works for a wage and pays the government most of it....lol..oh yeah...different forum for that...just kidding around peeps...