article source for heavy equipment info?

Old 02-25-04, 08:06 AM
scattdaddy21
Visiting Guest
article source for heavy equipment info?

hi everyone-

i just googled to the forum for the first time today. glad to be here. i'm looking for a few sources of articles that i can freely include on my new web site. do y'all have any favorites? i'm trying to find any articles that would be helpful to people who are searching for info on heavy ag. equipment - tractors, skids, bulldozers, augers, the list goes on. some free info on repairs would be good, experience with different makes and models, anything like this would be great. i just want to get a sampling of lots of different sources for articles with reprint rights - and then i'll surf through them and add to my site over the next month or so. here's my site. in the future it will serve as a product review site - but it's not ready yet.

(no this isn't an ad - if you want you can take a look and see a bit of what i'm shooting for in my article section with a few that i've put together already for other topics. i'll have article links in the toolsandequipment section to the various articles when it gets ready.)

ok, thanks a bunch for your help,
matt

Last edited by cheese; 02-25-04 at 06:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-04, 12:26 PM
Nice website!!!

I am very impressed with your website. You are probably using HTML code VS a site builder. I had a website once. I thought it was pretty good. However, I built it using a site builder and it never looked the way profressional sites do. Your idea for tractor and other large equipment is very sound. I think you should go ahead and do that. There are many people who are members of this forum and I am sure that there are people who have either information or equipment to send to you. Keep up the good work.

Hay Cheese, what do you think of this guys plan?

Old 02-25-04, 02:47 PM
re: not an advert?

Scatdaddy:

If your intentions are sincere you should STOP posting the link to your site until you have some content of your own. At the moment this can ONLY be considered SPAM, and leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

I did a whois and a traceroute on your URL and was NOT happy with what I found.

Usually only spammers and scammers HIDE the registrant info. Got it?

I am NOT a moderator here but WILL make sure your ISP cancels your account if you continue spamming.

Prove me wrong and I will apologise--but keep in mind I fight spammers for a living.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Old 02-25-04, 03:49 PM
scattdaddy21
Visiting Guest
Hi Snowman -

I'm sorry that you are offended by my posting a link to my site. You're right - it does not have much content on it yet, but that was the point of my original post - to get content from people who are more experienced and more knowledgable than me. I haven't written anything that could be considered helpful for those looking into heavy equipment info, nor do I have the knowledge to do so, nor do I consider myself to be a good enough writer to do so even if I was knowledgable about such things at this point. That's why I am looking for some articles that other people have written to add to my site. The link is posted so those who want to help me can see where the articles they refer to me will end up going - especially for those who may be interested in providing their OWN articles - so they can see where their own work is going. I know that if I had written articles for mass use on the Web, it would be a nice luxury to be able to know where some of my articles were posted.

I have a few sections on my site, and I want to develop articles for each section. I've gotten some together for my outdoor/gardening section in the 2 or 3 weeks that the site has been active as you can see.

As for your accusations of me being a spammer or a scammer because of my whois info, your complaint should be with LunarPages.com - my web host - not me. They registered my domain - not me. I don't have any control over what appears in that whois record that I'm aware of. If there is a way for me to change that record so that my details are my public, I'd be glad to. That would probably be a good idea for me to do. Can you tell me how I can change those details once they are in the record to make them public? I would be happy to do it.

I have another site that I've had for several months called [url]http://- instead of .net. I included the whois details from it below. You can see that my full details are there - nothing is hidden. That site is hosted with a different host - host4profit - and that host apparently shows full details in the whois record when they register domain names for their clients.

i have nothing to hide. i am an honest person. you can read about me on the site if you like in the about section. i detail there a little about myself and my life. if you don't believe what i say there about spending the last two years of my life as a missionary in Thailand, then you can reference this site below to match the pictures of me on the site with the pictures of me in Thailand doing ministry with a bunch of Thai students.

for your reference:

i also include my phone number on the .com site for anyone to call me if they have any questions about me or my promotions. in fact, you can call me right now if you like - i'm sitting at home in my office.

i registered for my account at this forum using the site e-mail address - so the connection between the sites can be proven.

WHOIS results:

Registration Service Provided By: Hasbrouck Enterprises
Visit:
Domain name:
Registrant Contact:

William Scott
([email protected])
870-364-6026
Fax: none
108 Brentwood Circle
Crossett, AR 71635

USAdministrative Contact:

William Scott
([email protected])
870-364-6026
108 Brentwood Circle
Crossett, AR 71635

USTechnical Contact:

William Scott
([email protected])
870-364-6026
108 Brentwood Circle
Crossett, AR 71635

USBilling Contact:

William Scott
([email protected])
870-364-6026
108 Brentwood Circle
Crossett, AR 71635

USStatus: activeName
Servers: ns.my-ehost.com ns2.my-ehost.com
Creation date: 28 Jul 2003 19:12:06

Expiration date: 28 Jul 2004 19:12:06The data in this whois database is provided to you for informationpurposes only, that is, to assist you in obtaining information about orrelated to a domain name registration record. We make this informationavailable "as is," and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting awhois query, you agree that you will use this data only for lawfulpurposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (1)enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress or loadthis whois database system providing you this information; or (2) allow,enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronicmail, or by telephone. The compilation, repackaging, dissemination orother use of this data is expressly prohibited without prior writtenconsent from us. The registrar of record is eNom. We reserve the rightto modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agreeto abide by these terms.Version 6.3 4/3/2002

(my first name is william - but i use matthew - my middle name).

Please don't take this post as reflecting anger at you for your false assumption. That's not my intent. I simply want to set the record straight and show you beyond a shadow of a doubt that i am sincere. That I have done with this post.

I am very frustrated that you would post something of that nature that can influence others' perception of me - without having the courtesy to attempt to address me through a private message first.

but all in all, i don't hold grudges or anything of the sort, so no further problem.

and yes, i would still appreciate others' help on pointing me in the direction of some good articles that I can use to build my site.

thank you,
matthew

Last edited by cheese; 02-25-04 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-25-04, 05:50 PM
I have allways known you were sincere. You have given more information in your post for snowman53 than you had to. We all believe you. Sometimes people like snowman53 who go out to stop spammers from hunting people emails addresses and whatnot get caught up in it all and forget that there are honest sincere people out there. I do not like what snowman53 just pulled on you, and would greately like to here from Cheese. He is the moderator in here and he will say what stays and what goes. I know that snowman53 is doing a greate job in stoping spammers and solictors from attacking all of us. But as our law in the United States says. Inocent untill proven guilty!

As I said before, I think you are doing a greate job! Don't let snowman get you down and deprest. He is just doing his job and as I said before, you gave him well enough information that you really needed to. But I understand why you did it. You wanted to prove that you were a honest person. Not a evil sadistic BS. Thanks for your input and information. However, I don't need it to know you are lagite!

Old 02-25-04, 06:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Matthew!

Welcome to doityourself.com. Sorry that you have been bombarded with all this on your first visit here, but there are rules and standards I have to maintain on this site. The rules don't allow links to sites with a commercial intent or unrelated sites. This is not an attack on you or your site...we do it to all similar links that members post. If we let one person do it, everyone expects to be able to (rightly so). People were posting links to rude sites, commercial sites, irrelevant sites, etc... and we had to stop it. Some links are allowed, like a link to a site with manuals viewable online, etc...

I deleted the links in your posts. If you would like for your site to be viewable or accessable on this site, contact the forum administration. There is a link at the bottom of this page in the small print. Click on "recieve advertising info".

Thank you,
Cheese

Old 02-25-04, 07:25 PM
scattdaddy21
Visiting Guest
Hey Cheese-

Thanks for responding. I guess I misunderstood the linking policy when I registered. I thought that links were ok, as long as they were not for advertising purposes. i'll avoid links all together in the future. but thanks for taking care of the post.

with that in mind, my humungous post now looks a little funny without those links there and without the name of my other site, so if anyone who has any question about my legitimacy and would like to take a look at the sites that were deleted, feel free to send me an e-mail through my profile.

with all of that craziness firmly settled, i'd still love to get some references to some good articles as you all can see from my original post.

thanks a bunch,
matthew

Old 02-25-04, 09:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No problem Matthew!

If you would rather the long posts be gone, all you have to do is go to the post you'd like to edit and click the edit button at the bottom right hand corner of the post. Edit/delete what you want and click the "submit changes" button. Or I can delete them if you'd like.

I have seen lots of articles online about power equipment, but how do you determine if the reprint rights are available?

Old 02-26-04, 12:41 PM
scattdaddy21
Visiting Guest
yeah - i didn't mention that. if the author allows reprints, they will always include a little paragraph at the bottom of the article that says a few words about them, and about their business. most include a link to their own site as well. they then allow articles to be posted around the web, which gains them exposure, credibility, extra links to their sites, and free traffic. many will say explicitly in that paragraph that reprint rights are free to all, but that's not always included.

later,
matt