Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman 22" 6.75hp Eager 1

AZ

03-07-04, 01:43 PM   #1  
Craftsman 22" 6.75hp Eager 1

Hello all.

I need some help. My husband left my lawnmower out all winter, and now it won't stay running. First it wouldn't start at all but I managed to fix that.

I can get it to run but it starts "hunting" looking for an RPM and then dies. If i hold the red Cold Start bulb in it will stay running. Other wise she hunts for a few minutes and then stalls. I'm waiting for her too cool down and I'll pull her exhaust off and see if it might be plugged. What do you think it could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Keri

Sponsored Links

03-07-04, 02:40 PM   #2  
I think you have a carb issue here. I am sure Cheese would agree aswell. Take your carb apart and clean it really well, every nook and craney with automotive gumeout spray and a very soft brissle paint brush. Don't forget there are small holes in the jets to clean out. That should do the trick. If this is a bowl carb with adjustments on it, make sure your mixture screw and high speed screws are set properly aftor you get it put back together. Usually on the mixture screw its screw it in all the way till seated than back it off 1/2 turn.

MD

03-07-04, 11:45 PM   #3  
The bolt that holds the carb on should have a hole in it also which needs to be cleaned out. Then there are also a couple of tubes going from the fuel bowl to the card that need to be cleaned out also. The very best tool for this is a welding torch tip cleaner. You can get this in the tool area of Lowe's or a welding supply store. If you have access to compressed air, you need to drain the tank out and blow all of the moisture out of the tank that you can get out.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-08-04, 12:23 AM   #4  
Hello Keri!

Gary and Terminator are right. The bolt that holds the carburetor bowl on needs to be removed and cleaned. There are 4 holes in it. Two oppose each other near the head of the bolt. One is near the end of the bolt in an un-threaded portion of the bolt and is very tiny and hard to see if it is clogged. The 4th one runs down the center of the bolt. Make sure all of these are clear and let us know how it goes!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AZ

03-09-04, 11:12 AM   #5  
Craftsman 22" Eager 1 mower

Thanks guys worked great.

Keri

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-09-04, 08:36 PM   #6  
Great! Glad we could help!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread