Snapper

Old 03-15-04, 09:11 AM
Snapper

I have an old (approx. 12 years old) rear engine snapper riding mower. Does anyone know where i can get information on this mower. Would like to get it running.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-04, 09:17 AM
I am sure you can get your manual from the snapper website if they have one. You could always search for it to through google. A good keyword would be, "Snapper ********" Where the astrics is where your model number goes. I just want to let you know we can help you get this thing running if you want our help. I like to help people out, but I forum moderator and expert on engines is Cheese. So just let us know if you need help with anything.

Old 03-16-04, 01:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Nichboy!

What kind of info are you looking for? Manuals are still available for that mower. They are good solid machines. They came in 25, 28, 30, 33, and 42 inch cut. Engines varied. I am familiar with them, so maybe I can help with the info you need.

Old 03-16-04, 06:03 AM
Thanks Cheese,
This is a mower i picked up at an estate sale. The mower is in excellent shape considering how old it is. The engine is shot, but i understand almost any vert. engine will bolt to it. Can i still purchase the drive pulley for this unit. I can't get the old one off. I just thought a manual would be handy to refer too. I hope to start working on this mower soon, sorry i don't have any questions now but when i start working on it i will have plenty.
Thanks

Old 03-16-04, 07:24 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: Nichboy

Drive pulleys, quills are held onto the shaft with set screws or allen head screws. Clean area around and on it to located. May be more than one. A puller may be required.

Do not hammer in it. Doing so will cause problems with the shaft seal. Crankcase oil will leak out otherwise. Puller is the best bet.

...."My Two Cents"

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice.
Small Engine Forum Moderator. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor and Multiple Topics Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company." Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Old 03-16-04, 10:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yep, the drive disk and all parts are still available. Most any small engine will bolt on, but modification may be required if the engine gets in the large range. The disk should be held on with two allen head set screws, as SharpAdvice mentioned. Loosen them, and the disk "should" come off, but not always. A puller will distort the drive disk. Usually when they don't come off for me, I soak the area with PBblaster, then tap the disk farther onto the shaft (to get it broken loose), then tap it off the shaft. May have to work it back and forth a bit until it moves enough to get it off. Use a block of wood between the hammer and the disk, so as not to damage the disk.