pressure washer soaps

Old 03-19-04, 07:06 AM
JamesnRhonda
Visiting Guest
pressure washer soaps

Anybody have any recipes for cleaners i can use in a pressure washer? The ones at the stores seem so expensive.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-04, 10:18 PM
With my pressure washer, I like to buy the chemicals because I know they are safe to run through my pressure washer. Basically I don't make my own batch because I am afraid it will ruin my pressure washer. So I don't recomend that, but mabie there are others out there like Cheese or Sharp Advice that do this with no problem.

Old 03-19-04, 11:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello JamesnRhonda!

I don't know any "recipes" for cleaners. I do know that some chemicals can ruin the internal components of a pressure washer pump, so be careful.

Old 03-20-04, 09:04 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: James & Rhonda

I agree. Mixing or blending cleaning solutions will cause problems.
Seals and parts damage can result. Once those happen, repair and or rebuilding becomes required.

All of which costs money and machinery down time. No savings when that happens. Best to use the correct soaps in the long run.

As will not flushing out the entire system when finished. Several questions have been asked on how to overcome problems which developed when cleaning solutions where left in the system.

Same applies to stale fuels. Always use fresh fuels to reduce the chances of gummed up carbs, filters, fuel lines & tanks.

Regards & Good Luck. Sharp Advice.
Small Engine Forum Moderator. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor and Multiple Topics Moderator. "Accurate Power Equipment Company." Small Engine Diagnostics Services & Repair.
Fast...Fair...Friendly & Highly Proficient Services....

Old 03-22-04, 06:57 AM
fordv10f1
Visiting Guest
I use laundry soap but becarful. It cannot have any bleach in it or it will ruin the seals in the pump and I wouldn't use it on painted surfaces. On painted surfaces use regular old car wash the kind that don't have wax in it.