Blade Available for Craftsman Weedwacker

Old 03-30-04, 10:54 PM
Question Blade Available for Craftsman Weedwacker

Do they make a circular blades adapter that is compatable with the Craftsman Weedwacker to use in place of nylon string spool?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-04, 11:18 PM
I really don't know. But my idea would be to contact craftsman about your trimmer and ask them that question. But more like in the line of do they make a adaptor for there trimmer for a circular blade.

Old 03-31-04, 01:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello julbox3134!

There may be an adapter for your trimmer, possibly even an aftermarket one. It depends on the model of your trimmer. I would reccomend against using the blade though. It is probably the hardest thing you can use on a trimmer, and will break it before it's time. The blade (during use) causes sudden changes in resistance on the engine and drive components. These changes strip out the gears in gear heads, break flex cables in the shafts, work bolts and screws out, etc...

Hope that helps!

Old 03-31-04, 11:33 AM
Hay Cheese. Does all blade attachments hurt the engines on the trimmers or is it just one type. I am curious to know.

Old 03-31-04, 12:12 PM
For Cheese

Cheese, even the plastic, flexible type?

Old 03-31-04, 05:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ahhh...ok, I thought you were talking about the brush blade (a steel circular blade similar to that on a skilsaw). No, the plastic flexible blades won't hurt the trimmer. Sears doesn't make any that I know of, but the aftermarket ones that you see in the stores will fit.