Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Blade Available for Craftsman Weedwacker

03-30-04, 10:54 PM   #1  
Blade Available for Craftsman Weedwacker

Do they make a circular blades adapter that is compatable with the Craftsman Weedwacker to use in place of nylon string spool?

Sponsored Links

03-30-04, 11:18 PM   #2  
I really don't know. But my idea would be to contact craftsman about your trimmer and ask them that question. But more like in the line of do they make a adaptor for there trimmer for a circular blade.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-31-04, 01:03 AM   #3  
Hello julbox3134!

There may be an adapter for your trimmer, possibly even an aftermarket one. It depends on the model of your trimmer. I would reccomend against using the blade though. It is probably the hardest thing you can use on a trimmer, and will break it before it's time. The blade (during use) causes sudden changes in resistance on the engine and drive components. These changes strip out the gears in gear heads, break flex cables in the shafts, work bolts and screws out, etc...

Hope that helps!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

03-31-04, 11:33 AM   #4  
Hay Cheese. Does all blade attachments hurt the engines on the trimmers or is it just one type. I am curious to know.

03-31-04, 12:12 PM   #5  
For Cheese

Cheese, even the plastic, flexible type?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-31-04, 05:14 PM   #6  
Ahhh...ok, I thought you were talking about the brush blade (a steel circular blade similar to that on a skilsaw). No, the plastic flexible blades won't hurt the trimmer. Sears doesn't make any that I know of, but the aftermarket ones that you see in the stores will fit.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread