Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Eager-1 6.75hp OIL PROBLEMS!

Visiting Guest

04-04-04, 03:31 PM   #1  
dac99p
Craftsman Eager-1 6.75hp OIL PROBLEMS!

Ok, first I have to confess, I have neglected my lawnmower for a couple years and it is now biting me in the butt.

I was mowing today and looked down to notice oil coming out from the oil dip stick. I had just checked the oil and thought, I just didn't tighten the oil cap all the way. Cleaned up the oil, checked the oil to make sure not too much had leaked out and tighted the cap and went on.

BAD IDEA...before long I noticed oil EVERYWHERE!!!! The cap was still tight, but as I now look at my schematic drawing...

the oil fill tube is NOT seated into the engine, but the bracket that holds it down is still in place.

As I noticed the oil the second time and turned it off, white smoke began to pour from the muffler.

Please any ideas? I am affraid that my neglect has blown the cylinder...

ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Sponsored Links

04-04-04, 03:47 PM   #2  
This may be big problem so I will not give advice. Clean up your mower to the best of your ability, then wait for Cheese. He usually replies at the end of the day. Sharp Advice might give you advice I am not sure.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-04-04, 10:46 PM   #3  
Hello dac99p!

Maybe you'll be ok. Was the engine still showing oil on the dipstick? If you didn't run it out of oil, you might be able to fix it.

First, if you haven't already, get the oil fill tube to seat in the block like it should. There should be a rubber seal to seal the connection. If it is missing or distorted, install a new one. Refill with oil, and try it out. If it runs well, stops smoking, and doesn't knock, then you're ok.

Let us know how it goes!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

04-08-04, 03:23 PM   #4  
Oil problem solved?

Did you find a solution to your problem yet? Let us know. Although possible, it is unusual for the dipstick to loosen and move up thereby losing the seal at the bottom end. I'm not sure if I missed it or it wasn't mentioned, but what engine do you have and on what application? We should be able to better help you out knowing this. Let us know!

04-08-04, 03:51 PM   #5  
Definetly yes, please let us know how it is going.

Search this Thread