Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

re: Winter is almost over

04-30-04, 05:30 PM   #1  
re: Winter is almost over

Hello All....

Especially Cheese, Sharp Advice, Snoman in Canada and others I may have forgotten.

We had a few inches of snow on Wednesday but yesterday it hit 86 degrees.
Go figure. I've moved the Ariens to the back of the garage but won't start tearing it down yet; a few years back we had 10" of snow on Mother's Day.

My Dad's neighbor is moving to South Carolina so I'll be buying his 8 HP Ariens and restoring it over the Summer. It's an old one and while I have not seen it it starts and runs and blows well. Will likely only need some new bearings, bushings, belts and some TLC.

Have a great weekend all!

I have a few mower questions but will start a new thread for that.

BTW--if anyone has snowblower questions warm weather is the best time to work on them at a leisurely pace, and I'll be checking in here often now once again.

Cheerio,

Snowman53

Sponsored Links

04-30-04, 06:35 PM   #2  
Glad to have you back Snowman53!

You provide all of us with great advice on snowblowers. Hope you stay

Terminator20...Chris
A Strong Believer In DOITYOURSELF

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-01-04, 01:41 AM   #3  
Hi Snowman53!

Still getting snow??! We've been hitting the 80s here too, 40s and 50s at night. I love this kind of weather!

Keep us posted on your progress with the ariens!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-01-04, 02:07 PM   #4  
re: I'm here to stay

Hello Cheese, Terminator and group:

I'm definitely here to stay, no worries on that.

Nice part is that I'll not have to work on my equipment in subzero weather.

While I have many projects on the table for summer, two of them will be a complete restoration of my 5 HP Ariens and the "new" (circa 1970) 8 HP as well.

Yes..another big project is ripping off all the drywall in the garage, re-wiring and making it warm for next winter.

Best is that the weather will be warm now until September and "camera-friendly." My goal is to document the process with photos and be able to offer step by step tutorials by end of summer--at least for Ariens machines. This all started with a query from one here who asked about belt replacement, believe it or not.

Have a great weekend and "keep on mowin'"

I have a few Lawnboy questions but will start a new thred for that.

Regards,

Snowman53

05-01-04, 02:08 PM   #5  
re: I'm here to stay

Hello Cheese, Terminator and group:

I'm definitely here to stay, no worries on that.

Nice part is that I'll not have to work on my equipment in subzero weather.

While I have many projects on the table for summer, two of them will be a complete restoration of my 5 HP Ariens and the "new" (circa 1970) 8 HP as well.

Yes..another big project is ripping off all the drywall in the garage, re-wiring and making it warm for next winter.

Best is that the weather will be warm now until September and "camera-friendly." My goal is to document the process with photos and be able to offer step by step tutorials by end of summer--at least for Ariens machines. This all started with a query from one here who asked about belt replacement, believe it or not.

Have a great weekend and "keep on mowin'"

I have a few Lawnboy questions but will start a new thread for that.

Regards,

Snowman53

05-01-04, 02:13 PM   #6  
re: oops, sorry for a double post

Hey guys:

I noticed a typo on the word "thread" in my initial post and had not realised it had already gone through.

Please accept my apology for that. Got in a hurry and obviously need new specs or perhaps only longer arms *lol*

Cheerio,

Snowman53

CANADA

05-02-04, 09:19 AM   #7  
Hey snowman53
Long time no hear from...glad to see you're doing good. You know the similarities between us are amazing. Besides the almost same name, we both like to help others and we both love our Ariens snowblowers. This year was really good for me, we finally got lots of snow and I rebuilt and sold 4 Ariens blowers ranging from a 3 1/2 up to an 8/32inch. Like you I am in the process of rebuilding my last machine which is another 8 hp 32 inch monster. Gonna get some before and after pictures to show the future buyers what is was and what it will be. I figured before I tear it down, I wanted to see how well it will blow first, so I tried it in some very wet snow and I was simply amazed...no word of a lie...it blew I would bet around 25 feet. It's going to get an engine overhaul and paint plus I want to paint the frame too. It's going to be a good looking and very functional blower when I'm done with it.
Can't wait to hear how your project is going too.

snoman

Search this Thread