Lawnmower not starting or staying started

Old 05-07-04, 05:17 PM
JustinBrandt
Visiting Guest
Lawnmower not starting or staying started

I have a 13.5 hp yardman lawnmower that I can't get to start. The starter (which has just been replaced) will crank the engine, but the engine will not fire. It has gas, tried pulling the choke, checked the oil, replaced the spark plug, and the blade isn't engaged. If someone could help that would be appreciated.

God bless

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-04, 05:20 PM
Fuel may not be getting to the carb. Open the carb to see if fuel is running into the carb. If it is that you are getting fuel and there is most likely a restriction in the carb. If you see that it is getting fuel and no problem there, use Automotive Gumout spray to clean all the ins and outs of the carberator. Let us know how it goes.

Old 05-07-04, 05:30 PM
JustinBrandt
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the advice, I think I can locate where the carb is. I think I'm going to have to retire on that for the night but I'll let you all know how its going tomorrow. Thanks again

Old 05-07-04, 11:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Justin!

Try putting a little squirt of gas into the spark plug hole and reinstall the plug. Then try to start it. If it starts and runs for a second, then dies, then you have a fuel related problem. If not, we need to look into other possibilities.