A Tip For 2Cycle Owners

Old 05-09-04, 08:08 PM
A Tip For 2Cycle Owners

For those of you who own 2cycle equipment run into many problems because the fuel that gets old creates a varnish in the carb and the engine does not run like it used to, or at all. For every one gallen of 2cycle mix of gas, add 1/2 once of fuel stabiliser to the mix. This way your fuel will stay fresh until you mix another 1 gallen batch. Another thing that would not hurt is also adding 2 onces of carb cleaner into a 1 gallen of your mix. I will guarantee that if you take these steps, you will not run into problems caused by varnish or gunk in the carb.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-04, 03:08 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
When you say Add carb cleaner to the gas...what type of cleaner would you specify? And when you say add it to 1 gallon, do you mean, use that gallon up, to condition and clean the carb, and then go back to normal mix?

Thanks.

Old 05-10-04, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Resaw
When you say Add carb cleaner to the gas...what type of cleaner would you specify? And when you say add it to 1 gallon, do you mean, use that gallon up, to condition and clean the carb, and then go back to normal mix?

Thanks.
Use Gumout brand liquid for carberator cleaning. You will find it at any autmotive parts store, such as Nappa. And that is corect. Use up the one gallen with the carb cleaner, then on your next batch just add the fuel stabiliser and not the carb cleaner until the next year.

Old 05-10-04, 03:26 PM
Resaw
Visiting Guest
Gumout-- is it in a bottle, or is it a spray can? By the way, what do you all use to measure Oil, for two stroke mixes, and also, misc things like adding carb cleaner to the fuel? I've always depended on the oil that comes in the squeeze bottle.
Thanks

Old 05-10-04, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Resaw
Gumout-- is it in a bottle, or is it a spray can? By the way, what do you all use to measure Oil, for two stroke mixes, and also, misc things like adding carb cleaner to the fuel? I've always depended on the oil that comes in the squeeze bottle.
Thanks
The Gumout I am talking about this time comes in a small bottle. The liquid is orange in color. And I measure oil and other stuff with a glass measuring cup. Make sure that it reads up to 24 onces, and 3cups on the glass. The reason to not use plastic is because stuff like carb cleaner will eat threw the plastic. I had that happene to me once. You won't go wrong with oil that comes in a sqeese bottle, but I am the type of person that likes to mix there own oil instead of buying already in the amount needed. Thanks for asking...