re: electric starter, 8 HP Tecumseh Snow King

Old 05-09-04, 06:24 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
re: electric starter, 8 HP Tecumseh Snow King

Hello All:

I may be buying a used 8 HP Ariens this week from my Dad's neighbor. It's in good shape but no electric start. IF I can find a new or good used electric starter for $100 or less I'll buy the thing. Engine is strong and starts fine in 30 degree weather but I am too darned tired at my age to pull start an 8 HP engine in subzero temps. It also needs other work, so my budget for the starter is $100 tops.

Hey...if Snoman happens to read this... do let me know guy of any Canadian sources. I have an account with Bank of Montreal in Gananoque and can make payment in Canadian dollars--or in Euros.

Regards,

Snowman53

Old 05-09-04, 06:29 PM
The first thing we need to find out is if this engine is even compatible for a startor. To know if it is, look under the shroud and you will see the flywheel. Underneath the flywheel, you will see a large gear. If you do, the engine is compatible to have a startor and we should be able to help you find one for it. If you don't see a gear, than it was never made to have a electric startor. Let us know so we can help you further. Thanks...

Old 05-09-04, 10:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Are you looking for a 110 volt starter, or 12 volt? I don't even know if snowblowers came with 12v starters, but thought I'd ask.

Old 05-10-04, 04:34 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
E-starter

I have yet to see a snowthrower that couldn't accept an electric starter. This will be a 110v starter and there will be castings in the cylinder block (along with four tapped holes) just below the fuel tank as well as an odd looking bubble in the blower shroud just to the left of where the starter mounts. Check Tecumseh's Website for dealers in your area...the part number will be 33329D and goes for around 130 American dollars.

Old 05-11-04, 06:32 PM
Hey Snowman53
I went out to my shop and I found a used 120v electric starter for an HM70,80,and 100. the part number on it is 33519A, It mounts with 4 bolts. If you are interested then just PM me.

snoman

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: