Atlas Tool & manufactoring Edger

Old 05-22-04, 06:24 AM
Atlas Tool & manufactoring Edger

I have an old (20-30 years) Atlas Tool & Mfg. brand gasoline edger. It has a small B&S engine(2 1/2 hp I think). It is a model "B-10" and carries a 9 inch blade. What I am looking for is the rod that you rotate to engage the blade. It is a galvanized looking rod that is bent into a handle at the top where it passes thru the handle brace. You turn the rod to screw the cutting unit into the ground. As the rod passes thru the brace there is a cotter pin and washer on each side of the brace to hold the rod in place when the unit is going up and down. The edger is old but the engine and cutting unit would work fine if I can get the rod or some way of making one. The rod screws into a fitting that is attached to the cutting head and that forces the head up and down. Any suggestions would be appreciated. You guys are deserving of a pat on the back for the answers you provide to me and everyone else. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-04, 09:21 AM
Atlas

Many moons ago, we here at my shop sold Atlas equipment. I will work on finding my old parts break-downs for such and hopefully see what it is you're in need of, since I can't picture this in my mind. Give me a few days and i'll let you know.

Old 05-22-04, 10:24 AM
Thanks much

Old 05-25-04, 04:15 PM
Hello enos,
Sorry to say, I've looked high and low. We must have tossed out all the old stuff for Atlas. One of my distributors may be able to help you out though. I'll PM you the information for them.