Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Steel-toe shoes for mowing grass, building

MD

05-24-04, 06:53 PM   #1  
Steel-toe shoes for mowing grass, building

I don't know exactly where to put this question so I will start here.

My backyard is half hill, and the top half of that is fairly steep (45 degrees?). I'd feel a lot safer if I had steel-toe shoes for mowing. I'm also going to help build someone's house. If I want to get a shoe for both activities, should I get a shoe with regular, steel or fiberglass shank?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

05-24-04, 07:57 PM   #2  
Using steel toed shoes is up to you. I've worn them before as they are sometimes required for the work that I do. If you do buy them spend some time getting a good fit. Steel toes can hurt your feet after you've been wearing them for a while. A shoe that's a little too small can be a real killer because the shoe won't break in much and your feet will have to conform to the toe, not the other way around. You will find that the shoes are heavier as well. I've noticed that they have come out with what looks kinda like a steel toed tennis shoe. Some of the guys seem to like them. They sometimes have the "Cat" brand (in yellow) on them. I can't vouch for them myself as I have the RedWing boots and some lower cut shoes that are "official" US navy. Both hurt after a while but will save your toes if you feel like dropping something on them.

Search this Thread