Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kraftsman weed eater question

Visiting Guest

05-29-04, 09:41 PM   #1  
tom101
Kraftsman weed eater question

Hello, I have a Kraftsman 24 cl weed eater and the fuel lines rotted out and I bought new fuel lines. I need to know where they go. It appears to have two fuel lines going to the gas tank. Please help me ha ha.

Sponsored Links

AL

05-30-04, 01:14 PM   #2  
first of all since there's been gas setting in your trimmer long enough for the fuel lines to be in that shape you can bet that the inside of the carb.will be varnished up too,and needs to be cleaned before it will run,or run right.

But to answer your question,you should have two different sizes of fuel line.The smallest of witch being the main fuel line.Run it through the smallest hole in the fuel tank and out the fuel cap hole,put on the fuel filter,pull into tank a little (make sure the filter can rest on bottom of tank).Push the other end on botton fitting on carb.
The other line is only a return line.If trimmer has a primmer bulb,run return line from carb.to smallest nipple of primmer and out the other to inside fuel tank.
If your trimmer doesn't have a primmer just run the line from carb to fuel tank.(If primmer wont prine or trimmer wont crank,reverse lines on primmer)If primmer fills up with gas but the engine wont crank or stay runngng try ajusting,if still wont run clean/rebuld carb.

IF YOU RUN INTO A PROBLEM OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PUSH REPLY
LEAVE MASSEGE AND SOMEONE WIL GEI BACK WITH YOU.....SO KEEP LOOKING FROM TIME TO TIME OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS

Search this Thread