Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bypass reverse PTO White Products mower

OH

06-01-04, 08:12 AM   #1  
Bypass reverse PTO White Products mower

Just bought a new ZT-22 22hp 50" White Products zero turn. After 2.6 hours the deck drive belt broke. 2 different dealers said they have never heard of this and didn't even stock the belt.

I don't like the safety feature which disconnects the PTO when you are in reverse. Seems to place alot of wear on the belt. Dealer said that they can't disconnect it, but could tell me how. They said to disconnect a yellow wire under the seat, but only black and red run under the seat.

How do you disconnect this feature?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-02-04, 12:09 AM   #2  
Hello barnesjohn!

Sorry, but I am unfamiliar with your mower. Maybe they meant down in the mower frame below the seat area?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

06-02-04, 04:19 AM   #3  
I too am unaware where the switch would be located on a zero turn, but, typically, there will be a single yellow wire running to it. Check further with your local dealer for location of such switch. Merely disconnecting and taping the terminal end it is all that will be necessary to eliminate this.

Search this Thread