Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rhino finishing mower

06-02-04, 07:53 AM   #1  
rhino finishing mower

Anbody know where I could find a diagram for belt installation for a Rhino RM72 finishing mower? I've searched and searched the web with no luck.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-03-04, 12:27 AM   #2  
Hello MrPars!

I am not familiar with that brand name, and don't know where to find that info. Here are some belt routing tips though (maybe they'll help you): There are usually two types of pulleys on a mower: pulleys with a "V" groove, and pulleys with a flat groove. The pulleys with the flat groove will always ride on the back side, or flat side, of the belt. The pulleys with the V groove will always ride on the V side of the belt. Also, there is normally a tensioner pulley. It is usually spring loaded to keep tension against the belt. This pulley is almost always on the return side of the belt ...it is usually not the firts pulley the belt goes to when it leaves the engine. Often, it is the last pulley the belt turns before going back to the engine. Also, most blade pulleys will have at least 1/2 of the groove contacting the belt (the belt should wrap around at least 1/2 of the pulley). Some of them will have more. Also, belt keepers or guides can help you determine which way the belt goes. A keeper will usually be about halfway around the curve that the belt makes around a pulley. Any place there is a keeper, the belt will be between that keeper and the pulley it is on.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-03-04, 01:41 PM   #3  
Thanks, Cheese. That thing has 7 pulleys and I can never remember how it goes. I keep thinking I'm going to draw it out once I gert it on but I never seem to get around to it until it's too late. I did manage to get it on, then I got an email from Servis Rhino afterwards ( I found a # and called them yesterday). I'm saving the diagram they sent me this time.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-03-04, 11:29 PM   #4  
Glad you got it on! Take care!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread