Poulan 2025 chain saw woes

Old 05-31-04, 08:22 AM
Cuda Kid
Visiting Guest
Poulan 2025 chain saw woes

A friend of mine has a poulan 2025 chain and he is unable to get it to run. So being the tinkering fool that I am, I told I would try to get the chain saw working. I have followed the links on chain saws, and am close to getting it to run correctly. But I have a few questions about the idle screw and the L/H adjusting screws.
First: What is the setting for the L screw, I have it set like at 1 1/4 turns, but don't know if it is right.
Second: What is the setting for the H screw, I have it set like at 1 turn, but don't know if it is right.
Third: I am not exactly sure where I set the Idle screw (If that is what it is called)

This is what I have been doing: setting the L/H screws to the above settings, then I turn in the idle screw all the way in (clockwise). I get it to run but then it dies on me. So my forth question is how do I make the adjustments to the idle screw and the L/H screws, do I set the L/H screws start it up, then adjust the idle screw, from where it is at...

Thanks for all your help, I really like this web site

And by the way have a happy and safe holiday...

Cuda Kid

Old 05-31-04, 09:08 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I always start with 1-1/4 out from seat on each high and low.Carnk the saw and go from there.Squeze the trigger and fine tune the high speed screw,let off on trigger and adjust the low till it sounds just a little fast.Then adjust the idle screw till the chain stops.

IF YOU'VE GOT ANY MORE QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS PUSH REPLY AND LEAVE MASSEGE,SOMEONE WILL GET BACK WITH YOU A.S.A.P.

Old 06-02-04, 07:46 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How did you friend & his Poulan saw turn out??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: