Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

kubota engine

Visiting Guest

06-05-04, 09:59 AM   #1  
oscarnor
kubota engine

I have a Grasshopper mower model 725 with a three cylinder gas kubota engine no. WG750. From all indications the distributor has gone bad. I have put on a new coil, plugs, plug wires, and still can't get a spark. Whenever I turn the key off i get one spark. I am having a lot of trouble finding the distributor at a resonable price. Any suggestions. Oscar

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-05-04, 11:53 PM   #2  
Hello oscarnor!

I don't know where to find a distributor at any kind of bargain price. You might luck up on ebay if you keep an eye out. Check the distributor ground, if it has one. Does it have points or does it have a pickup sensor in the distributor?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

06-06-04, 06:30 AM   #3  
oscarnor
kubota engine

Hi Cheese, It has a sensor pickup. How would I test the distributor? Thanks for reply. Oscar

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-07-04, 12:39 AM   #4  
Do you have an analogue voltmeter? Does the pickup have 2 wires? If so, connect the voltmeter to the 2 leads (any polarity) and set the voltmeter to the lowest setting. Turn the distributor. If you see the meter needle jump back and forth a little while the distributor turns, then the pickup is working.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

06-07-04, 06:30 AM   #5  
oscarnor
I will try that. thanks

Search this Thread