Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda oil in carb

TX

06-06-04, 04:27 PM   #1  
Honda oil in carb

My wife mowed the yard with my new Honda Harmony lawnmower she tipped it on the side were carb is down.I got home she just said mower is broken.After drilling her what she did she admited she turned it on the side.
I removed air filter it was full of engine oil started it without filter and it runs good.
I told her get a new filter tomorrow but how do I get the oil out of the carb?It runs ok will it be OK or should I get some carb cleaner?Now she knows better

Sponsored Links

06-06-04, 08:00 PM   #2  
Count your blessings every time you can get your wife to mow the lawn. Just get another air filter (even if you have to do it yourself) and replace the oily one. Don't worry about the oil in the carb. It will be washed away by the fuel and be burned in short order and won't hurt a thing. Just be sure to check the oil level in the sump and bring it back to the full mark if necessary.

TX

06-07-04, 03:22 AM   #3  
Good deal

Ok thank you I will do that today I will just wipe out what I can get with a rag and put in a new filter.Top off the lost oil and go for it.

TX

06-08-04, 03:40 AM   #4  
Update

Installed new Honda filter wiped out oil topped off with oil an ounce or two. Back in business.My wife can mow again thanks a zillion.

Search this Thread