Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help With Lawnboy Silver Series

Visiting Guest

06-09-04, 08:27 PM   #1  
TayWolf55
Help With Lawnboy Silver Series

Hello,

You guys have got yourselves a newbie on your hands.

I have a Lawnboy Silver Series, Model Number 10247. Information can be found here about it.

http://www.lawnboy.com/productinfo/m...pro/10247.html

Anyways we were mowing the yard and heard a loud clunk, and the engine died. There was no tension what so ever in the line and called the Lawnboy tech service. They basically told us it threw a rod and this happened every once and a while.

We accepted that, and as a project I started taking it apart, seeing if I couldnt get down to the bare engine and get into it to see if I couldnt fix it.

Right now I've got everything off the mower except the engine and the blade, which I will do tomorrow. But basically here is my question.

Where can I go to get a new piston / rod assembly, or maybe just a new rod at? How much am I looking to spend for this? We called a local small engine service and they quoted us $200 + labor

That seemed a little outrageous so I was searching the internet and found this place

cliffnotes: think we threw a rod, where can we get a new piston / rod assembly for cheaper than $200 + labor

Thanks!
Taylor

Sponsored Links

AL

06-09-04, 09:13 PM   #2  
Sounds to me that they quoted high because they didn't want to fool with it.Sadly to say,but some small engine shops do that.
Check your crancase good for holes, dings & dents and the base of cylinder for same,plus check cylinder for scars first.

Try Ashland small engines & parts.Their in Ashland,Mo. and sale after market (generic) parts which are cheaper than name brand parts are (in most cases much cheaper).The number is 1-800-828-0668.

Others will probaly have other places too.So check on your post often over the next few days.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Visiting Guest

06-10-04, 08:43 AM   #3  
TayWolf55
thank you!

I will give them a call later!

Search this Thread