Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

mcculloch gas trimmer

Visiting Guest

06-09-04, 08:58 PM   #1  
duff8000
mcculloch gas trimmer

I just got a mcculloch trimmer from a friend who does not have the instruction book for it. Anyone know the spark plug gap? Also is the gas line from the carb into the tank suppose to extend far into the tank? It only goes into the tank like a 1/2 inch. Thanks for help

Sponsored Links

AL

06-09-04, 09:27 PM   #2  
I don't know where to look for any McCulloch books eather.
McCulloch has been having bad luck for a number of years,I think that MTD. handles their parts & equipmment now,but I'm not sure.
The spark plug should be between 0.24 to 0.28.And the fuel line should be able to reach the bottom of tank and almost all the way across.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-10-04, 01:02 AM   #3  
Hello Duff8000!

The line should also have a filter with a weight in it at the end inside the tank.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

06-10-04, 03:21 AM   #4  
How many fuel lines do you have running into the tank?

Visiting Guest

06-10-04, 11:50 AM   #5  
duff8000
There are two clear lines going into the tank. The one is coming from the primer bulb and the other is coming from the carb. The primer bulb line goes into the tank about 2-3 inches while the one from the carb only goes in about one inch.

Visiting Guest

06-10-04, 02:20 PM   #6  
Azis
That sounds right except the line going to the carb should be as Cheese described it reaching the bottom of the tank with a weighted filter. That is your supply line. The line from the primer bulb only needs enuff length in the tank to assure it can not be pulled out.

Az

NY

06-10-04, 03:26 PM   #7  
Az is correct and furthermore there will be a third line, this one running between the carb and primer. As for the fuel p/u line, you will need to fish a new line through the tank and out the fuel cap opening, attach a weighted fuel filter and then drag it back into the tank bringing it in at about the mid-point of the tank, trim off the excess length and reattach to the carburetor.

Search this Thread